MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biomedical Engineering naval23 Academics 9 08-10-2011 04:12 PM
Electrical and Biomedical Engineering w/ Management jp1390 Academics 8 06-05-2010 10:30 PM
Biomedical Specialization M&M&M&M First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 11-15-2009 11:36 AM
Electrical & Biomedical Engineering nytrogyn First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 27 03-21-2009 10:49 AM

Electrical and biomedical eng

Old 08-16-2011 at 11:13 AM   #1
weizz

Liked: 0 Times

Electrical and biomedical eng
I was looking at the program layout for electrical engineering with/without biomedical.

I want to know how far will an Ele and biomed degree take me in the pure electrical field? and is it easy to switch to electrical from biomed after second year, considering the lack of the Electromagnetics I,which isn't offered in the summer. Thanks

Last edited by weizz : 08-16-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-16-2011 at 11:56 AM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Yes.

Bio 1a03 and Chem 1aa3 are two courses you can take in the summer to get a headstart on the degree requirements, among a few other biomed / anatomy specific courses.

In terms of how far it will take you... it takes you pretty far, there being only about a few major course differences in electrical (pure) and biomed. Most biomeds take additional electrical courses to extend their knowledge.

Last edited by RyanC : 08-16-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-16-2011 at 12:22 PM   #3
weizz

will switching from biomed to pure electrical after second year require summer school? because the lack of Electromagnetics I
Old 08-16-2011 at 12:31 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by weizz View Post
will switching from biomed to pure electrical after second year require summer school? because the lack of Electromagnetics I
Engineers don't do summer school (except electives or 1st year failures, or the rare case of taking courses through other universities)

Theres only like 3 required courses that require electrostatics 1 that would delay your degree (taking one more year than explicitly required for the degree is recommended)

Last edited by RyanC : 08-16-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-16-2011 at 01:29 PM   #5
weizz

ohh, I see. Is it still possible to switch out from biomed right now? since my second year hasn't begin yet?
Old 08-16-2011 at 08:51 PM   #6
muons

Liked: 84 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by weizz View Post
ohh, I see. Is it still possible to switch out from biomed right now? since my second year hasn't begin yet?
Yep I'm sure you can. You should go talk to Jeanne the second year advisor or give her a call.

Good luck!