Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Envir Sci 1a03 shleyaa 1st Year Course Reviews 50 07-06-2015 11:58 AM
Envir Sc 1a03 demelo_b Academics 0 11-09-2008 07:04 PM

envir sci 1a03 and 1a00

Old 01-04-2011 at 04:11 PM   #1
dan0504

Liked: 0 Times

envir sci 1a03 and 1a00
hi, does anyone know when is the quiz/test for 1A00?
i am not in canada until monday the 10 and the course isnt showing on Ave....
can anyone help?
Old 01-04-2011 at 04:59 PM   #2
taylojl

Liked: 20 Times

There is no such thing as envir sci 1a00.

You should email the prof, Luc [email protected]

He teaches envir sci 1A03. He's very helpful.
:tree:

Last edited by taylojl : 01-04-2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: missing info
Old 01-04-2011 at 05:09 PM   #3
dan0504

Liked: 0 Times

sorry i mean SCIENCE 1A00, i know i have to pass this course/ quiz in order to take envir sci 1b03, but when do i have to get it done? first week?
Old 01-05-2011 at 08:01 AM   #4
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan0504 View Post
sorry i mean SCIENCE 1A00, i know i have to pass this course/ quiz in order to take envir sci 1b03, but when do i have to get it done? first week?
You get a fair bit of time. Before your first lab (bio 1a03, chem 1aa3).
Old 01-05-2011 at 03:08 PM   #5
taylojl

Have you already signed up for the course on SOLAR? If so, it should be on your avenue to learn account.

http://www.workingatmcmaster .ca/eo...opment/scieng/

Click on the link and sign on avenue to learn.

If it's not already on your avenue to learn account then you should email
[email protected]

You do the whole thing online. No lectures in a big lecture hall. I would do this as soon as possible.

Good luck!
Old 01-05-2011 at 03:35 PM   #6
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

taylojil, have you taken envir sci 1b03? Im taking it as an elective so im wondering if its on the easier side?
Old 01-05-2011 at 11:24 PM   #7
taylojl

I haven't taken it personally, because it's not a prerequisite for many upper year earth sc courses.

I have a lot of peers that have taken it and tutored it. So I've heard many things about it.

As per usual, any Luc Bernier course is very reasonable and straight forward. If you know the nitrogen and carbon cycle already then it should be pretty easy. Just be warned that recently Luc has been trying to make midterms and exams much more challenging than in the past. If the class does well on the first midterm, he will make the next test/exam much more difficult. Don't assume it will be a bird course. If you do, you will do poorly in this class.

If you want more details about this course you can drop by the Geography and Earth Sciences Society office between 12:30 and 2:20pm BSB 346. Ext. 23336. We can help you get a better idea of what the course entails if you are interested.