MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enviro Sci 1A03 parkd9 1st Year Course Reviews 2 08-12-2012 01:15 AM
Enviro 1A03 OR Microecon? Bio 1M03 or 1A03 first semester? Physics 1L03 OR 1B03? :$ lalalola2011 Academics 23 07-04-2012 10:44 AM
Enviro Sci 2Q03 - Any advice? nmerwin Academics 1 06-11-2012 11:55 PM
Prof Advice- Earth/Enviro Sci mizz.s. Academics 3 08-12-2010 11:20 PM

Enviro 1A03 OR Microecon? - need advice

Old 07-03-2012 at 06:06 PM   #1
lalalola2011

Liked: 4 Times

Enviro 1A03 OR Microecon? - need advice
Okay i can take any one of these two courses in my first year; So, this is what i thought:

Ill take enviro first year instead of microecon and ill take microecon in my second year, because this way its better as in second year ill have even tougher labs for Chem, Bio, and Physics. And if i take enviro NOW i wont have to take it second year which will allow me to save time as i wont have a one hour lab.

Does that sound like a good way to go or should i just take microecon first year? What do you think?
Old 07-03-2012 at 06:18 PM   #2
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalola2011 View Post
Okay i can take any one of these two courses in my first year; So, this is what i thought:

Ill take enviro first year instead of microecon and ill take microecon in my second year, because this way its better as in second year ill have even tougher labs for Chem, Bio, and Physics. And if i take enviro NOW i wont have to take it second year which will allow me to save time as i wont have a one hour lab.

Does that sound like a good way to go or should i just take microecon first year? What do you think?
that doesnt sound good at all. how do you know what you will take in 2nd year already? I seriously doubt you will have chem, bio, and physics labs in second year unless you take the first year versions of them.

i'm guessing you're going into life sic now. you could do both in first year easy and why do you NEED to take them both? just because you heard they were easy? lol. Take whatever you like. i know people who complained about both courses. i took enviro and it was the most work i put into any class in 2nd term.
Old 07-03-2012 at 06:21 PM   #3
lalalola2011

LOL well yeah im a life science student ill have to take Bio, Chem, and Physics courses so.....yea

Well i dont NEED to take em but i WILL cuz obviously they are easy courses but also because i think ill do well in them.

and >>>"enviro and it was the most work i put into any class in 2nd term." Really? :S....

Oh and since you took enviro do the second year courses that Enviro 1A03 allows you to take also include labs?
Old 07-03-2012 at 06:25 PM   #4
lalalola2011

Oh and also the reason why i NEED to take em is to boost my GPA, and i heard Enviro leads to easier second year elective courses. And apart from microecon leading to macroecon, idk if there are any other "easy" courses that would lead me to.
Old 07-03-2012 at 06:37 PM   #5
Silver
Elite Member

Quote:
LOL well yeah im a life science student ill have to take Bio, Chem, and Physics courses so.....yea

Well i dont NEED to take em but i WILL cuz obviously they are easy courses but also because i think ill do well in them.

and >>>"enviro and it was the most work i put into any class in 2nd term." Really? :S....

Oh and since you took enviro do the second year courses that Enviro 1A03 allows you to take also include labs?
i dont think you will take bio, chem, and physics courses with labs in second year...but who knows.

yes, i spent the most time in 2nd term on enviro 1a03. it wasnt hard. just took time. and yes, many 2nd year enviro courses require a first year enviro and they all have labs. there are some courses like earth sci 2ww3 that don't require any enviro in first year, but that course isn't really an enviro course tbh. so you are planning on taking multiple physics, chem, bio, and enviro courses in 2nd year already?

and you dont need to take them too boost your gpa. tbh, i see many people, especially in science, doing better in their core classes than their electives. i would say pretty much all first year courses arent difficult. its just time you need to be wise about. and you should go in with a mindset that bio, chem, psych, physics, math in first year will boost your gpa since hundreds, if not thousands, of kids do well in these courses. and by well i mean 10+
Old 07-03-2012 at 09:09 PM   #6
lalalola2011

What do you mean?...>>> "i dont think you will take bio, chem, and physics courses with labs in second year...but who knows."

Aren't there labs in upper year bio,chem, and physics courses? O_o

Well im guessing bio and chem will probably be a must to do? and physics ill have to take anyways for med school. And then if i need any electives i can take 2nd year enviro courses?....

Oh wow okay... and yeah time management skills is something i dont have ><.
Old 07-03-2012 at 09:21 PM   #7
Silver
Elite Member

Quote:
What do you mean?...>>> "i dont think you will take bio, chem, and physics courses with labs in second year...but who knows."

Aren't there labs in upper year bio,chem, and physics courses? O_o

Well im guessing bio and chem will probably be a must to do? and physics ill have to take anyways for med school. And then if i need any electives i can take 2nd year enviro courses?....

Oh wow okay... and yeah time management skills is something i dont have ><.
Near the end of first year you will apply to 2nd year programs such as biochemistry, chemical biology, enviro, etc.

Take a look at this to get an idea of programs you may be interested in and why I say it will be unlikely that you take multiple physics, bio and chem courses with labs in second year: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calen...13/pg1466.html

lalalola2011 says thanks to Silver for this post.

lalalola2011 likes this.
Old 07-03-2012 at 11:01 PM   #8
lalalola2011

Ohhhh i think i get what you mean now. Cuz in Honours Life Sciences your only required to take the Bios and physics. No chem.
Old 07-04-2012 at 10:42 AM   #9
Silver
Elite Member

No, not really. Don't worry about second year now though.

lalalola2011 likes this.