Helpfulness
80%80%80%
Clarity
60%60%60%
Overall Rating
80%80%80%
Average 73%
Evan Haley

Dr. Evan Haley is an interesting man. His treatment of you depends on how you treat him and his classroom. If you're constantly talking during his lectures or coming in late he won't show you the respect that you want because you don't show him the respect he deserves. He often teaches smaller classes so trust me, he knows your face.

He's a very smart man but sometimes he's hard to hear which is why I would suggest sitting up close. He's rather soft spoken and occasionally mumbles if he's half talking to himself/thinking outloud. If you have a problem he will make the time to see you after class to answer your questions. Do not be rude in class, he's not afraid to call you out on it. I saw him once tell a girl that if she didn't have a PhD she had no right to be talking over him during class and until she gets her PhD she best keep quiet. Paraphrasing of course, but you get the message.

He likes to make little jokes about cell phones going off or the Windows start up music... for instance when a cell rings he'll say "tell my broker to sell!" or when Windows starts up he'll say "Thank you for that musical interlude" but those are the extent to his jokes. The fact that he uses them all the time makes it funnier to me because he always says it as if it's the first time he ever said it.

Overall, he's a really good prof if you're looking for someone who knows their stuff and is willing to let you in on the secret. I would recommend his classes to anyone unless you plan on being the type of student who blatantly doesn't care about the course, then he might not be so nice.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Evan Haley!

Old 06-16-2008 at 02:42 PM   #2
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
Haha! He sounds like an awesome prof! What does he teach?

Old 06-16-2008 at 02:51 PM   #3
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times
Classics

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search