MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
any one taking 1CS3: Cultural studies? jon.john23 Academics 3 10-02-2011 03:24 PM
Criticial Theory and Cultural Studies 1CS3 textbook? jon.john23 Academics 1 09-01-2011 02:06 PM
What's The Matter With Cultural Studies? lorend MacInsiders Announcements 2 03-23-2010 09:49 AM
Course with no final exam? Quester Academics 7 12-12-2009 05:09 PM

What to expect on 1CS3 Cultural Studies final exam

Old 10-14-2011 at 08:15 AM   #1
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

What to expect on 1CS3 Cultural Studies final exam
It is pretty to be asking this but...

1: What would I need to foucus on to study from the exam

2: What are rhe exams like in terms of structure and material it covers

thnx in advance
Old 10-14-2011 at 12:35 PM   #2
eccentrikkk

Liked: 8 Times

Last year with Dr. O'conner her exam was multiple choice and an essay... The questions stemmed from the readings primarily what she discussed in lecture about the readings, and the essay question I cannot remember what it was for the life of me that was one exam I dreadfully did not study for because I was so far behind in that course I somewhat gave up and completely BS'd the essay

jon.john23 says thanks to eccentrikkk for this post.
Old 11-28-2011 at 06:37 PM   #3
Reddishh

Liked: 0 Times

Could someone tell me more about the Multiple choice questions on the exam? I assume the essay questions are really unpredictable but we've been writing 2 essays already, but for MC questions, we didn't have any practice questions and there isn't any previous midterm/exam that we can get some practice from. All we know is that they are based on the terms she listed on course outline, but how would she put them on the exam? (does she ask definitions, or a person's name who developed that theory, or examples of the term)

I would greatly appreciate your input,

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2011 at 07:38 PM   #4
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddishh View Post
Could someone tell me more about the Multiple choice questions on the exam? I assume the essay questions are really unpredictable but we've been writing 2 essays already, but for MC questions, we didn't have any practice questions and there isn't any previous midterm/exam that we can get some practice from. All we know is that they are based on the terms she listed on course outline, but how would she put them on the exam? (does she ask definitions, or a person's name who developed that theory, or examples of the term)

I would greatly appreciate your input,

Thanks!
The multiple choice questions were a bit difficult last year. Set up in "choose the most correct answer" fashion, she tested based on theory, definition, author, work, direct quotations, etc. If you didn't read the texts, it will really show in this section. The essays were pretty broad, so you were able to work within that framework, so it wasn't as bad as the multiple choice. While this may not be helpful, basically she tested on everything.