MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Closest stores Olivia. First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 09-23-2010 09:42 PM
Will i lose my spot?? laura03125 Residence & Housing 4 07-01-2010 01:56 PM
I am in a REALLY tight spot here... resh.jyoti Academics 32 06-14-2010 10:57 PM
Want to get into THR&FLM 1B03? Free spot! b_sunshine55 Academics 0 12-18-2009 06:40 PM

Fighting for the Closest Parking Spot

Old 03-30-2010 at 01:52 PM   #1
praetorian
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

Fighting for the Closest Parking Spot
I can understand those who have night classes and want to park near the shuttlebus pick up in M lot for that walk in the dark. As a student who finishes class early nearly every day, I have to say, I've never been followed more by ppl in cars waiting to take my parking spot. They are like sharks, they swarm around, and once I've been spotted walking down into the parking lot, they follow me ready to steal my spot. I can't believe how lazy people are on such nice days that they will idle there cars for minutes at a time waiting for the next bus load of ppl to be dropped off, just so they can take a spot closer to the bus. Is walking really that difficult?
I've been getting so annoyed, that I just park in the back and walk. Its creepy when your walking side by side with a car who's waiting for you to leave.

I also notice this in the grocery store parking lot. Its not like these people have to carry all there bags to there car. That's what a shopping cart is for. But everyone always fights for the closest parking spots. What is so wrong with walking a few extra steps? I understand older folks wanting to be close, but seriously, what's the big deal about walking? Especially on days with nice weather. ppl idling there car waiting for a spot when there is one available 20 rows down is not a big deal. or these ppl that idle there car in nice weather waiting 10 minutes for there tim hortons coffee.

park your car. and walk. its good exercise. less pollution. and less rage.
Old 03-30-2010 at 02:10 PM   #2
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

There their they're

Come on dude, you're in university now.

Maegs, reeves all say thanks to DannyV for this post.

Old 03-30-2010 at 02:56 PM   #3
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Deplorable grammar aside, I find much gratification in getting a good parking spot. You should try fighting for one sometime. I have all evening classes, and have an evening transponder. Central campus parking after 4PM FTW

I routinely get the "best spot in the house" for going to either Lot B to go to Mills, or Lot I to go to ETB. I paid a lot of money for this transponder, and I will proudly go for the best parking spot I can get.

So, thanks for parking further and giving up a nicer spot for me. I appreciate it.
Old 03-30-2010 at 03:07 PM   #4
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

One of the games I like to play is I walk into a crowded parking lot as if I'm going to a car. I weave in and out between all the cars, driving people trying to follow me insane, and then I leave the parking lot.

lul.

Old 03-30-2010 at 03:37 PM   #5
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

^^^^^^^^^baaahahahaha that's awesome

Isn't it funny though? The best part is when all these people are waiting in line to get through the one gate going into the front part of the lot...and you go around them all and go to one of the 3 gates further down and get parked before they even get to the gate
that makes me laugh evily
but yeah, I usually park to the left of those 3 gates... it's just easier...and walking is better for you lol
Old 03-30-2010 at 04:09 PM   #6
aaront
CSD HYPE Web Developer

Liked: 78 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
One of the games I like to play is I walk into a crowded parking lot as if I'm going to a car. I weave in and out between all the cars, driving people trying to follow me insane, and then I leave the parking lot.

lul.
IKEA's parking lot would be ideal for this.

DannyV likes this.
Old 03-30-2010 at 06:46 PM   #7
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

camais likes this.