MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Various first year questions! CSpad First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-20-2013 02:59 PM
Entering Engineering next year - QUESTIONS about first year Devine13 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 03-08-2013 08:42 AM
Questions about first year mfattal General Discussion 15 02-23-2011 08:49 PM
First Year Questions! davied First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 23 01-14-2011 09:52 PM
Some questions from a second year kwyhan Financial Aid 1 06-23-2010 08:12 PM

First-Year Questions!

Old 04-14-2016 at 06:52 PM   #1
hjkl

Liked: 0 Times

First-Year Questions!
I got an offer from Environmental and Earth Science on Mar. 6th. It seems that I'm the only one who is going to this program lol. Any suggestions for first-year courses and professors? I have no idea which elective courses should I take. I plan to study for Honors Biology and Environmental Sciences. Btw, I'm also looking for students who is going to the same program.
Old 04-15-2016
freaksNgeeks
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 04-16-2016 at 06:06 PM   #2
Ajunta Pall

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Don't worry you won't be the only one. It's seems like there's no one else especially since programs like Life Sci and Engineering have 800 people each. But basically what you're going to get first year are huge classes where most of the people your going to meet are in some other science program. Even in the easy first year enviro sci and earth sci courses (1C03 and 1G03) you won't be meeting people in your program since 90% of the people taking these courses aren't even in any Environmental program. As far as the first year profs go you'll be getting Bernier for 1C03 and Padden for 1G03. They're really nice people and really approachable.

Now as for electives it's up to you to decide. Just to let you know electives can be ANY course, it doesn't need to be something outside of science. Plus, you can also take second year courses during the second term if you have the pre-reqs from term 1. What I would suggest is probably just look at what you're interested in and then make your choice, since electives depend on you.

That's pretty short but if you need anything else just reply back
Old 04-19-2016
anal destruct
This message has been removed by a moderator. .