MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's Hamilton really like?! amitoj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 52 07-26-2010 07:24 AM
Hamilton storage jaason87 General Discussion 2 04-23-2010 02:12 PM
Have your say! What do you like and dislike about Hamilton? Goce General Discussion 30 02-18-2010 11:12 PM
Value Village in Hamilton lawleypop General Discussion 28 09-02-2009 08:04 AM
Hamilton Goce General Discussion 25 07-08-2009 04:02 PM

Getting Around In Hamilton

Old 09-25-2010 at 03:30 AM   #1
Ish001

Liked: 26 Times

Getting Around In Hamilton
hey guys
I have 3 quick questions.
How to get to 1)Fortinos 2)Metro and 3)walmart from Mac on campus? I'd greatly appreciate it if you could also include 1)which bus to take 2)where to find that bus and 3)at what stop to get off at.
Oh and I could Google Map this but well I'm sure there are some easier routes to these places?... and it doesn't help that I can't read maps well

Thanks much
-Ish
Old 09-25-2010 at 08:20 AM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish001 View Post
hey guys
I have 3 quick questions.
How to get to 1)Fortinos 2)Metro and 3)walmart from Mac on campus? I'd greatly appreciate it if you could also include 1)which bus to take 2)where to find that bus and 3)at what stop to get off at.
Oh and I could Google Map this but well I'm sure there are some easier routes to these places?... and it doesn't help that I can't read maps well

Thanks much
-Ish
Well to start... Google Maps is actually really accurate with the bus routes so I would suggest using that to learn the city you'll be in for the next 4 years. xD

Fortinos:
From campus, walk west (ie: if you're coming from campus and you reach Main and Emerson, start walking right). it's a couple blocks down, past the Tally Ho, Boston Pizza, Campus Barber, Pancake House, Tim Hortons, Luba Mera Spa (that's a lot of landmarks, you can't miss it )

If you're not on campus, take a main bus going west (52/5e/5b) and get off at Main and Hollywood, or Main and Kingsmout, or Main and Westbourne.
I wouldn't take the 10, 51, 5a, 1, or 5c because it'll just take you to Emerson and you'll have to follow the first directions anyways.

Metro:
Walk out to Main and Emerson and catch a bus going West. You can catch the 10 too, it stops at the Metro at University Plaza. Pull the dinger after you see the Crabby Joes/Baskin Robbins

Metro in Westdale: Catch any bus going east...the bus stop is the one on the other side of the Student Centre (so on the side of MDCL). I don't know which stop it is, so just ask the bus driver to let you know when Metro is coming up or just pay attention. You can see it from the bus so you won't miss it.

Walmart:
Take any bus going east downtown (51/1/52/5a/5c/5b/5e). Get off at Main and Hughson. Walk back to James and walk right (north) towards Jackson Square. You will see what is referred to as "Gore Park." It's pretty much just a huge bus terminal.

Catch the 21.
Get off at Upper james and Fennell.

(according to Google Maps, I've taken another way before)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 09-25-2010 at 08:24 AM.

Joey likes this.
Old 09-25-2010 at 09:56 AM   #3
Joey

Liked: 17 Times

Love google maps inn hamilton. They have pretty accurate directions and even time for the bus.

The only thing I would add to the previous post is that you can take the 5C/51 down whitney to rifle range where St. Mary's highschool is and walk north up rifle range. It will take you in the back way but you will not have to carry your groceries as far.

Rather than hitting up a walmart it is really easy to get to meadowlands in Ancaster. Just take the 5C going West (make sure that it says meadowland and not west hamilton loop). There is a zellers, best buy, staples (i think), michales... You can also catch the 16 from there to go to the walmart supercenter, futershop, canadian tire....

Hamilton bus drivers tend to be rather nice compared to what I was used to so fell free to ask them for help and if you dial the number for the next bus times (905 527 4441) and hit 0 you can talk to a real person to help you if you get lost or are not sure how to get where you want to go. You could also try asking at compass for a HSR transit guide which will basically give you a map of the city.

Good luck!

Ish001 says thanks to Joey for this post.
Old 09-25-2010 at 10:23 AM   #4
Ish001

Thank you thank you thank you
Old 09-25-2010 at 10:24 AM   #5
Ish001

Thanks Joey
imma try it today XD
Old 09-25-2010 at 08:34 PM   #6
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Why didn't I get a thanks? Lol...

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Ish001 says thanks to lawleypop for this post.
Old 09-25-2010 at 08:36 PM   #7
Ish001

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Why didn't I get a thanks? Lol...

Thanks XD

lawleypop likes this.