MacInsiders Logo
Old 04-21-2011 at 10:53 AM   #46
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedMosby View Post
You're crazy. If Santa doesn't exist, who's sleigh does Rudolph pull every year?
IF SANTA ISN'T REAL, WHERE THE FK DID ALL THOSE PRESENTS COME FROM??? (caps)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 04-21-2011 at 11:23 AM   #47
Phaint
Account Locked

Liked: 131 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream View Post
Actually, he was talking to me. And since I do believe in the Prophet, it is credible to me. However I don't feel like engaging in a religious debate with you because I will totally destroy your arguments, I've been in many debates.
WOA. Woa. Slow down everyone. Master debater coming through.
Old 04-21-2011 at 11:40 AM   #48
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaint View Post
WOA. Woa. Slow down everyone. Master debater coming through.
Master McMaster 'bater
Old 04-21-2011 at 11:47 AM   #49
Kal El

Liked: 21 Times

My Grandmother met my Grandfather when she was 15 and he was 19; they eloped 2 weeks later, and never spent a night apart until the day after he died in October last year; my grandmother died in January, and the poet in me tends to think that she found life without him so unbearable, that she wanted to be with him. You know, the night that he died, they died holding hands?

My point is this. It's not about the age. It's not even about the money, or having a roof, because those things can come with time, but it's all down to commitment; commitment to one another, and commitment to wanting to make life better for that one person you love...And I think that's the problem these days. Not promiscuity, the problem is people fall in and out of love far too often that they don't stop to take a look around and appreciate the people that they have around them, and in moving so fast, they miss a chance of finding that one person that lightning could strike with - and as a result, we spend our lives looking for that someone special to spend our lives with, and live with the regrets we make, whether it be the ******* boyfriend/girlfriend, or the wrong directions.

I'm kind of lucky. Two years ago yesterday I found someone right for me, and yeah. I might even one day have scars healed enough to pop the question to her, and I don't honestly see that day being all that far off.

Family and the friends you make are what matters people. the rest is simply the wind blowing as it will.

Old 04-21-2011 at 11:50 AM   #50
Kal El

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
IF SANTA ISN'T REAL, WHERE THE FK DID ALL THOSE PRESENTS COME FROM??? (caps)
Shhh lawley...The easter bunny was helping santa out this year. It's ok.
Old 04-21-2011 at 12:18 PM   #51
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

Quote:
Actually, he was talking to me. And since I do believe in the Prophet, it is credible to me. However I don't feel like engaging in a religious debate with you because I will totally destroy your arguments, I've been in many debates.
Very confident for someone on the more often losing side.
Old 04-21-2011 at 12:24 PM   #52
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
But why not if it causes such turmoil? Still seems important from the consequences you state.
Definitely agree. I think sex (or at the very least sexual attraction if you decide to not engage in premarital sex) is important. You're going to have kids, you're going to procreate - why not make it enjoyable? Also, it keeps you attractive in each other's eyes - keeping the love alive etc.? haha.
Old 04-21-2011 at 12:59 PM   #53
Mr.Prodigy

Liked: 43 Times

pshhh...marriage is for chumps.

traveler10 likes this.
Old 04-21-2011 at 01:01 PM   #54
Skye

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
u cant control that mistakes happen
Lol true but I am extremely careful, kids before 30 is not a option for me haha
Old 04-21-2011 at 01:19 PM   #55
Skye

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLia View Post
Also kids should be had before 30 imo. It's healthier for the woman, and you'll have a lot more energy to take care of little kids when you're younger. Not to mention, grandchildren!
That's very interesting! You are are probably one of the only university students I have ever heard that has that opinion! I suppose you are right the way you are raised shaped your opinions. My mom had me young (24) while my boyfriend his mom had him at 38. While my boyfriend and I are ready to get married in a few years we both know we are ready to raise a child. Our play is travel ALOT in our twenties, volunteer abroad, at some point buy a puppy (lol). Kids just don't make the cut until we are 30. I am not really concerned health wise, essentially because my boyfriends entire family waited in their 30's to have kids and they are healthy as you can get! My boyfriend's mom and I are actually planning a trip to Germany after university you would never guess her age, that lady is so freaking active she puts me to shame. My mother however would prefer if I had kids around 25 (YIKES). My friends are all like me as well, no kids until 30! ( some of them are actually getting married this year) 20s are all going to be about fun with our husbands and travel.

I agree though it is kind of daunting the thought of raising kids until I am like 50, but I know I only want 1 or 2 haha so I am hoping by that time If i want to travel I will just drag my kid along with me. My aunt had her three kids all in her 30s and every year they go to a different country together to explore! Sorry for the long message, your opinion was interesting to me, it is refreshing to hear such a difference of opinions
Old 04-21-2011 at 01:22 PM   #56
marcie

Liked: 119 Times

Quote:
You're right, someone should build a slut detector to detect all the women who possess such slutty traits. I don't want to get STD or get the news that my partner does explicit adult videos. Seriously, there are SO MANY women in prostitution or adult movies.
Ha, I know exactly what you mean. I was surprised by how many old acquaintances I recognized on the set of my most recent film. Things got a little awkward..

Umm best time to get married... whenever both parties are ready? IMHO marriage should not be rushed, and it should be for life.

Revolution1 likes this.
Old 04-21-2011 at 01:25 PM   #57
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

IMO. if you know you are going to be with the person with the rest of your life does it really matter when you are going to marry them or have kids? It's going to happen eventually just sit back and enjoy your money and free time while you have it...
Old 04-21-2011 at 01:41 PM   #58
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal El View Post
My Grandmother met my Grandfather when she was 15 and he was 19; they eloped 2 weeks later, and never spent a night apart until the day after he died in October last year; my grandmother died in January, and the poet in me tends to think that she found life without him so unbearable, that she wanted to be with him. You know, the night that he died, they died holding hands?

My point is this. It's not about the age. It's not even about the money, or having a roof, because those things can come with time, but it's all down to commitment; commitment to one another, and commitment to wanting to make life better for that one person you love...And I think that's the problem these days. Not promiscuity, the problem is people fall in and out of love far too often that they don't stop to take a look around and appreciate the people that they have around them, and in moving so fast, they miss a chance of finding that one person that lightning could strike with - and as a result, we spend our lives looking for that someone special to spend our lives with, and live with the regrets we make, whether it be the ******* boyfriend/girlfriend, or the wrong directions.

I'm kind of lucky. Two years ago yesterday I found someone right for me, and yeah. I might even one day have scars healed enough to pop the question to her, and I don't honestly see that day being all that far off.

Family and the friends you make are what matters people. the rest is simply the wind blowing as it will.
Your grandparents' story is touching and all, but they are from a different time and society was different back then. You probably won't find a story like theirs in our generation, it will be extremely rare. You've been with someone for two years, but studies say passion only lasts 7 years in today's relationships. The statistics are not on your side, but good luck anyways, because sadly, you'll probably need it.
Old 04-21-2011 at 02:32 PM   #59
Kal El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Your grandparents' story is touching and all, but they are from a different time and society was different back then. You probably won't find a story like theirs in our generation, it will be extremely rare. You've been with someone for two years, but studies say passion only lasts 7 years in today's relationships. The statistics are not on your side, but good luck anyways, because sadly, you'll probably need it.
Meh. I've built my life around defying odds. I'm actually amazed I'm still here.

Revolution1, Skye like this.
Old 04-21-2011 at 06:56 PM   #60
Rock007

Liked: 0 Times

Interesting stuff. and NO im not getting married but I was just wondering about this whole marriage scene.

Btw im not in first year.. that was just something I didn't bother changing earlier on since I'm barely on macinsiders lol