MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
good restaurants in Hamilton? chinadian Body & Food 0 02-13-2011 12:08 PM
Good ISP's in Hamilton Leeoku Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 23 02-12-2011 05:04 PM
Hamilton Driving School near Mac Richa General Discussion 1 09-19-2010 04:28 PM
Driving schools in Hamilton? jchoi92 Automotive & Transportation 6 08-21-2010 01:10 PM
The Hamilton Good Neighbour Campaign temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-21-2009 07:56 PM

Good driving instructors in Hamilton?

Old 08-31-2013 at 02:40 AM   #1
Vessi
Tiny

Liked: 44 Times

Good driving instructors in Hamilton?
Anybody know a good driving instructor in Hamilton?

Gotta get on that G2 especially since I'll be turning 20 this year. :$
Old 08-31-2013 at 04:18 AM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Go with A1, I'll tell you which instructor specifically if you want, there's a few decent and bad ones from each company so don't settle with a random if you're not given a choice. Do you just need tutoring or a full course?

Vessi says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 08-31-2013 at 10:50 AM   #3
Cpl. Saint

Liked: 1 Time

There is a driving school close to Mac. It's called Westdale driving school. Their instructors are quite experienced imo.

Vessi says thanks to Cpl. Saint for this post.
Old 08-31-2013 at 11:55 AM   #4
Commie42
Elite Member

Liked: 133 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Saint View Post
There is a driving school close to Mac. It's called Westdale driving school. Their instructors are quite experienced imo.
Was going to suggest them but yesterday I saw one of the driving instructors fly right through a stop sign, so they lost all credibility in my eyes.

starfish likes this.
Old 08-31-2013 at 01:26 PM   #5
Vessi
Tiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Go with A1, I'll tell you which instructor specifically if you want, there's a few decent and bad ones from each company so don't settle with a random if you're not given a choice. Do you just need tutoring or a full course?
What do you mean by tutoring or full course? I need driving lessons starting from around the beginning. I've had a few lessons from my dad so I know some things but I'm pretty bad at them.
Old 08-31-2013 at 04:36 PM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

I suggest Ken at Defensive Drivers.. http://www.defensivedrivers. ca he was my instructor back at Young Drivers of Canada.
Old 08-31-2013 at 10:04 PM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessi View Post
What do you mean by tutoring or full course? I need driving lessons starting from around the beginning. I've had a few lessons from my dad so I know some things but I'm pretty bad at them.
A full course will help reduce test time to your G2, help you with insurance (some times) and just prepare you better. Tutoring would be just you and the person in the car, course will have class time.

Doesn't really matter who you go with if you just need a bit of prep for the test, as long as somebody you know says they're decent. I first got tutoring through Young Drivers and they were aweful, prices were 3x A1 as well. My A1 instructor gave me a discount on using her car for the test too, but that was because she knew my sister
Old 08-31-2013 at 11:33 PM   #8
Vessi
Tiny

Do you mean insurance class? I went through insurance class already and just need in-car time with the instructor to learn how to drive.

Though I honestly am terrible when it comes to the rules of the road. :X