GPA Help! AztekEscobar Academics 5 09-23-2010 10:24 AM
3.2 Gpa? jeff87 Academics 5 04-26-2008 11:50 PM

Got a GPA of less than 3- What to do?

Old 06-06-2017 at 05:01 PM   #1
gofron25

Liked: 0 Times

Got a GPA of less than 3- What to do?
Hello,

I ended up with a GPA of below 3 (2.9 to be exact). I've been told that I'll be kicked out of university, and won't be able to continue next year.

Is it maybe possible that I can contact a prof. for one of my courses and see if they can bump up my mark? I only need a 1 grade bump in any course to get my GPA to a 3, since it's at a 2.9 right now.

Could that possibly work?
Old 06-06-2017 at 11:43 PM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

If you were close (lets say 0.03 mark) from getting a higher grade in a class, chances are you probably got it bumped before the grade was submitted. If it wasn't bumped, at this point (2 month later) I doubt anyone will do any changes.

If situation above doesn't apply and you got your grade fair and square, I seriously doubt your grade will be bumped as it will be unfair to students that worked to pass. This isn't high school, grade inflation in universities is highly uncommon.
Old 06-08-2017 at 09:34 AM   #3
old guy

Liked: 5 Times

Why do you want to continue in university if you're not good at it? Go to college and get a technologist diploma.
Old 06-09-2017 at 10:39 AM   #4
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yScewcIL0aM

old guy likes this.
Old 06-11-2017 at 11:11 PM   #5
Starships2

Liked: 3 Times

That is extremely unlikely right now considering how long it has been from when you have received your grades. It wouldnt hurt to try nonetheless. Your best bet is applying for reinstatement. Good luck!