Senate/Hooker Scholarship Question oxelhs Academics 1 08-07-2013 07:16 PM
Hooker/Senate Scholarship naval23 Academics 20 07-27-2013 02:41 PM
The Dr. Harry Lyman Hooker Scholarship SirPhil Academics 58 06-12-2011 10:47 PM

H L Hooker Scholarship

Old 04-29-2016 at 07:05 PM   #1
bobsingh

Liked: 11 Times

H L Hooker Scholarship
Does anyone know if you receive the transcript notation for the H L Hooker scholarship if your graduating?
Old 04-29-2016 at 07:29 PM   #2
Pegasus

Liked: 5 Times

Graduating students aren't eligible for the H L Hooker scholarship. So no, you won't receive the transcript notation...
Old 06-06-2016 at 07:30 PM   #3
bradyr

Liked: 10 Times

You get the transcript notation, just no monetary value.
Old 06-06-2016 at 07:50 PM   #4
bobsingh

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyr View Post
I was told no...is this a new thing?
Old 06-06-2016 at 08:00 PM   #5
Pegasus

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyr View Post
Are you sure about that? Last year, someone emailed the Office of Financial Aid and was told that you are ineligible for the senate/hooker scholarships if you are in your graduating year. If you are not eligible for the award, then I don't see why you would receive the transcript notation. Furthermore, if you read the criteria for eligibility carefully, you will see that graduating students do, in fact, not qualify. Transcript notation is only retained for those who transfer to graduate at the fall convocation - from my understanding at least.
Old 06-08-2016 at 04:10 PM   #6
shelbs

Liked: 15 Times

I emailed about this last year and was told you are ineligible as a graduating student, which means you can't win the scholarship and thus will not receive any notation, regardless of whether your marks would have warranted winning the award in any other year of study.