Art 3j03 c.sixteen Academics 0 04-02-2011 09:23 AM
Art 3J03? Mr.Prodigy Academics 0 11-30-2010 10:42 AM
Psych 3j03 tsem2 Academics 5 07-28-2010 06:10 PM

Has anyone taken Art 3J03

Old 10-11-2012 at 10:47 AM   #1
barclayyy

Liked: 0 Times

Has anyone taken Art 3J03
Hey this might be a long shot but I want to know if anyone has taken Art 3J03.

What is it like? how hard is it? Is it interesting?
Old 10-13-2012 at 01:21 PM   #2
Mr.Prodigy

Liked: 43 Times

I took it with Graham Todd. Great guy. The course was fun and I really enjoyed it. I think Brianna is teaching it this time around. I've taken another art course with her too. Really nice person, but you'll have to put in effort.

barclayyy says thanks to Mr.Prodigy for this post.
Old 11-04-2012 at 02:30 PM   #3
melicam

Liked: 2 Times

Hey Mr. Prodigy dude, can you elaborate more on the course? the undegrad calendar just has a vague description of: Utilizing team-based approaches that connect student learning with community, this course explores an interdisciplinary spectrum of collaborative activities. Student-centered interests and available local opportunities will direct projects.
Four hours; one term

what are these interdisciplinary spectrum of collaborative activities? and what are these projects that have local opportunities? :S

so confused.. but it seems like a cool course! Also did you find it difficult?
Old 11-04-2012 at 02:46 PM   #4
x_hikari

Liked: 14 Times

As far as I know right now, we'll have a few team based projects I think
but as a part of the collaborative part, we'll have the option of choosing to work in local art communities, so for example, several people are already interested in helping out at the McMaster Museum of Art as a part of it, and then others can choose to work with Briana in the studios as a part of the collaborative aspect.

I know it's vague but most studio art course are vague to begin with.
And with Briana, you never really know hahahhaa
but she's awesome, I love classes with her

I see her on Tues morning so I can always ask her for more info and let you know

melicam says thanks to x_hikari for this post.

Afsha-noon likes this.
Old 11-04-2012 at 03:08 PM   #5
melicam

Liked: 2 Times

wow, thanks for the super quick reply!

So as a student in the faculty of science with NOOOOO background in art (and lack of ability in it for that matter) is it suggested to take this course? It sounds like a cool chance to try something new but if it has to do with painting, drawing, sculpting, and fun things like that on a 'university' level (i.e. hard!) then maybe might be good to do something else?

ANd that is so great of you to ask her for more info, thank you! I sent her an email today on a whim that no one would see this post so if I hear back from her before you see her i'll be sure to update this on what she says

Thanks again!
Old 11-05-2012 at 01:59 PM   #6
Mr.Prodigy

Liked: 43 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by melicam View Post
wow, thanks for the super quick reply!

So as a student in the faculty of science with NOOOOO background in art (and lack of ability in it for that matter) is it suggested to take this course? It sounds like a cool chance to try something new but if it has to do with painting, drawing, sculpting, and fun things like that on a 'university' level (i.e. hard!) then maybe might be good to do something else?

ANd that is so great of you to ask her for more info, thank you! I sent her an email today on a whim that no one would see this post so if I hear back from her before you see her i'll be sure to update this on what she says

Thanks again!
You don't need to have a background in art. But you have to enjoy it. With Graham, most of the time in 'class' we brain-stormed ideas and what we wanted to do in the course. We did a couple of projects, like printmaking, mail art, sharing our drawings with art students in Spain (and vice-versa), going into the city and asking random people to draw things. It was fun, and it was one 'class' that I looked forward to attending every week. With Brianna, things might be a bit different. The course might be more structured and deadlines might be more...unyielding. I would recommend taking this course if you have a passion for art and want to take something different for a change.