MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it a good idea to get a job now? omgwtfitsp General Discussion 4 09-08-2011 09:55 AM
3 Labs in 1 term.....Good Idea? amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-23-2010 10:26 PM
back to back classes? mandee08 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 36 08-20-2009 11:59 PM
Working Part-Time: Good Idea or Bad Idea? lorend Jobs & Employment Tips 2 02-28-2008 01:10 PM
We'll be back soon! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-12-2006 09:54 PM

Is having 3 classes back to back a good idea? If you have experience, how was it?

Old 08-09-2012 at 12:18 PM   #1
lalalola2011

Liked: 4 Times

Is having 3 classes back to back a good idea? If you have experience, how was it?
So yeah what do you think about having a 3 hour lecture block and its on a friday if that help xP
Old 08-09-2012 at 12:22 PM   #2
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

My Wednesdays in second semester of last year had 13 hours of class, with about 7 or 8 of it being lectures. I think I had 4 lectures back to back and I survived fine. When I get around to turning on my desktop, I will post a pic of my schedule and then I am sure you will feel fine

Also all night classes are 3 hour blocks of lecture, and although it may be hard to stay awake, if the profs are good then you will not have a problem
Old 08-09-2012 at 12:35 PM   #3
Schen

Liked: 3 Times

It depends on yourself and what is your maximum time span that you are able to focus. I personally can't sit through 3 hours of lectures
Old 08-09-2012 at 12:37 PM   #4
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Haha as snowman showed, all engineers have multiple days with 3 hours of lecture in a row, often more than 3 hours at a time. It wont kill you!
Old 08-09-2012 at 12:41 PM   #5
lalalola2011

Liked: 4 Times

LOL my attention span is like....lowwwwwww i drift into day dreams so easily :$
Old 08-09-2012 at 12:46 PM   #6
Chris23
Account Locked

Well your going to have some very vivid day dreams then!
Old 08-09-2012 at 01:03 PM   #7
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Probably shouldn't take advice from people who are either used to having long hours of class, or those who manage to do well in them. The latter group are the exception not the rule.

While it all depends on your personal attention span level and/or how restless you can be, there are ways to help deal with it.

Keeping snacks and water with you helps a lot. Also, sitting with someone you know is really great too because if you do feel the need to duck out of class for a few minutes to stretch your legs, they'll cover you for the notes you may have missed in that time frame.

shreebee likes this.
Old 08-09-2012 at 01:12 PM   #8
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
Probably shouldn't take advice from people who are either used to having long hours of class, or those who manage to do well in them. The latter group are the exception not the rule.

While it all depends on your personal attention span level and/or how restless you can be, there are ways to help deal with it.

Keeping snacks and water with you helps a lot. Also, sitting with someone you know is really great too because if you do feel the need to duck out of class for a few minutes to stretch your legs, they'll cover you for the notes you may have missed in that time frame.
Thank you Dr. Phil