MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Health Sci 2G03/Health Sci 3I03 deone Academics 5 06-30-2010 04:38 PM
Is HLTH AGE 1AA3 gerontology and health studies combined? memyselfandi Academics 2 06-29-2010 11:28 PM
Health Studies 2D03 (Mental Health) PBurge Academics 6 06-16-2010 04:01 PM
Health Studies/Health Age Courses **jewel 03** Academics 0 06-05-2010 06:15 PM

Health Sci 1AA3

Health Sci 1AA3
Human Biochemistry 1 (Nursing)
Published by davey
12-18-2008
Published by
Elite Member

Author review
Overall Rating
90%90%90%
Professor Rating
80%80%80%
Interest
80%80%80%
Easiness
90%90%90%
Average 85%
Health Sci 1AA3

Health Sci 1AA3 is the biochemistry class that nurses have to take first year. This class had no actual lectures, and it was taught through lecture slides posted online. Every week, we had a two hour tutorial where we went through what we learned from the learning objectives and had a short quiz. Your tutorial mark counted for 20% of the course and was given based on participation, professionalism, attendance and how well you did on your quizzes. The quizzes were ridiculously easy at times and were put in place just to make sure you were keeping up with the lectures. Also, within the lecture slides, there were clinical scenarios (1-3 per lecture) which required you to look up information (mostly from the text). These were also discussed in the tutorials and were tested on the midterm and the final.

The midterm was worth 25% of your grade and covered lectures 1-5, while the final was worth 55% and covered the whole course with an emphasis on lectures 5-10. All testing was done in multiple choice format.

The lectures in general were very concise and covered topics such as DNA, proteins, lipids, carbohydrates and the metabolic processes behind these substances. I would say 50% of the information was review from grade 11 and 12 biology, while 50% was new information that I had not known previously. The course encouraged students to grasp the general knowledge behind these topics, rather than picky details. Overall, I found the course to be pretty easy compared to some of the other nursing classes, and I spent the least time on this class out of all my mandatory courses.

daisy says thanks to davey for this post.

Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Health Sci 1AA3!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search