MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
timetable help Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-27-2010 08:42 PM
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
When is the timetable out? jubilantx Academics 6 08-06-2010 10:19 PM
Changes to timetable? lavalampsky Academics 14 08-12-2009 08:21 PM
timetable Theexe1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-12-2009 01:19 PM

Help With Timetable Please

Old 08-07-2008 at 01:48 PM   #1
dragonfly

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Help With Timetable Please
I know there are a lot of posts about this right now :p But if you guys could take a look at my timetable because I'm not really sure where i should make changes besides the obvious conflict in Term 2. Should i fix the Friday in Term 1 where i have 5-6 classes in a row? Or is that manageable? And i think some of my days might have too many gaps. I'm in first year Eng btw.

Thanks again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Student-Personal-Timetable-.jpg (102.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Student-Personal-Timetablet.jpg (110.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 08-07-2008 at 02:07 PM   #2
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

I think you're going to have to leave your Friday unless you can change your core so that it doesn't conflict with any of your other courses. It's going to be a rough day for you but it happens often. At least your chem lab is every other week!

I think your best bet for your term two conflict is to drop the music course, it's obviously an elective which you can take in another year if you really want to.

dragonfly says thanks to kokosas for this post.
Old 08-07-2008 at 02:20 PM   #3
Talon89

Liked: 14 Times

Term 1, Friday. Ouch. :(
Old 08-07-2008 at 04:03 PM   #4
FlyWithMac

Liked: 0 Times

Ok, which one is better: a timetable that is spreadout or a timetable that is squish together?

Some people are telling me that it's better to have classes squish together rather than far apart and some people are telling me that it's better to have 1 hour break between classes. From an upper year Mac student's point-of-view, which one is better?
Old 08-07-2008 at 04:08 PM   #5
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

I think it's better to be squished together, but not too many at once. Maybe like 3 classes, one after the other but no more. I'd rather finish them all instead of drag it out throughout the day. Nevertheless, if I had 6 classes in one day, I'd want one, maybe two breaks. I try not to have class after 5:30 pm and not before 9:30 am. Last year and this year I love that my schedule has three or sometimes only two classes in a day which are from 10:30 to 12:30 or so.

To each their own though.

FlyWithMac says thanks to mitch for this post.
Old 08-07-2008 at 05:12 PM   #6
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

OK Dragonfly! Hold onto your hats while I give you some suggestions for some switches you can make on Monday!

Term 1:
Math 1Z04 to C02
Engineer 1D04 tutorial to T01 or T02 (This requires a sacrifice of doing a Monday morning tutorial, but it's worth it)
Physics 1D03 to C02
Chem 1E03 lab to L43, 44, 53, or 54
AND VOILA! You have Thursday off first semester! As well as ending earlier and not having a Friday afternoon lab. How's that sound!?

Term 2:
Engineer 1C03 to C07
Physics 1E03 to C02
Physics 1E03 lab to L13 or 16
That lets you sleep in more and solves your conflict!

Hope that helps!

EDIT: After double checking, you don't get Thursday off, it just becomes much shorter. Sorry for raising those hopes!

Last edited by mitch : 08-07-2008 at 05:14 PM.

dragonfly says thanks to mitch for this post.
Old 08-07-2008 at 07:07 PM   #7
MohitB

Liked: 3 Times

Hey dragonfly!! We're in the same boat when it comes to Friday Term 1. We have the same exact bunch of classes. I just hope I can change it to make it less cramped.
Old 08-07-2008 at 09:14 PM   #8
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

definately gaving so many classes together has its pro and con. hte maximum i can handle is 5 hours straight of classes. I had that before, i got sleepy during my last hour and hungry ! it was fine for the first 4 classes. i did like how i had more free time during other days to study.
your lab after is eow so that's not too bad. but that menas you gotta have your prelab done the night before or else you wont' have time to work on it during the day ! if it was me i would switch it , but that's cause i like fri off early incase i want to go home ! just my thoughts.

dragonfly says thanks to Eva C for this post.
Old 08-07-2008 at 09:46 PM   #9
dragonfly

Wow thanks everyone for the great suggestions! Hopefully i can make those changes once Monday comes around. You guys are awesome!
Old 08-07-2008 at 09:48 PM   #10
dragonfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohitB View Post
Hey dragonfly!! We're in the same boat when it comes to Friday Term 1. We have the same exact bunch of classes. I just hope I can change it to make it less cramped.
Yeah i really hope i can change the Friday. Otherwise I'm in for a pretty hectic day. Good luck on your changes too!
dragonfly
This message has been removed by a moderator. .