MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transferring to Mcmaster in your third year Midknight_96 Academics 1 09-14-2015 10:37 AM
transferring into 2nd year mcmaster program from a first year program at mac J.Clouseau First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 01-18-2015 05:33 PM
1st Year Nursing Student geubzzz Introduce Yourself 0 08-30-2011 12:51 PM
Help With 1st Year New Student Card Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-07-2010 02:57 PM
Hi... 1st year MBA student reed.gz Introduce Yourself 7 07-05-2010 10:31 AM

Help with transferring to Mcmaster (1st year student)

Old 02-01-2019 at 07:41 PM   #1
arodisthabest

Liked: 0 Times

Help with transferring to Mcmaster (1st year student)
Hello guys, I'm currently a student at York 1st year who wants to transfer to Mcmaster for 2nd.

I have applied through OUAC 105 for Life Sciences 1, Social Sciences 1, and Humanties 1, and followed all instructions. I submitted my high school transcript and Interim Transcript ofthe Fall semester which listed my fall grades and winter courses.

My issue is that there was nothing that asked me to submit my winter semester (January to April) marks which have all my important courses (bio, chemistry, calculus). I was hoping to do extremely well in this semester to boost my chances, since my high school average was abysmal (73%) and I had full year courses that I took in fall (so the mark isn't on my fall transcript). But now I'm concerned Mcmaster will not even look at it, because nowhere does it say anything about the final transcript being submitted.

I called the Mcmaster registar regarding this and she told me that there would be an "initial review" (not sure what that means) based of the information already received.

Is there anybody with prior exerience in transferring to Mcmaster? If so, can you please help me out understand the deadlines and tell me how they send in all their marks and trancripts?

Thank you
Old 02-05-2019 at 02:23 AM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

This page might be helpful for you:
https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/105-mcmaster/

"Application Processing Timelines
McMaster requires all relevant official documentation before we will deem an application file ready for admission consideration.

Once we receive all required official documentation and process it in our office, it will take approximately 5 to 8 weeks to process a decision.

Second- or third-year programs in the faculties of Science and Engineering will not make admission decisions for university or college transfer applicants until after receipt of official final (vs. interim) transcripts. This means that admission decisions for applicants who are currently registered at other institutions at the time of application will not be made until May or June, when final transcripts become available.

Spaces in all of the upper-year programs in these 2 faculties are very limited, and admission will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. Meeting minimum application requirements will not guarantee admission. All decisions for applicants using the 105 application will be posted and available on the online McMaster Mosaic Applicant Portal with a notification of a decision emailed directly to the email account you supplied in your application."

Official high school and university transcripts (and TOEFL scores, if required) should be sent directly to this address:

Office of the Registrar
Gilmour Hall, Room 108
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, L8S 4L8