MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
History 3CW3 ardenelva 3rd Year Course Reviews 1 01-07-2013 12:24 PM
History 2P03/History 2HI3 ardenelva 2nd Year Course Reviews 1 09-13-2011 08:05 PM
Dropping Classics, History 1A03, History 1AA3 or Poli Sci 1G06? Tallee Academics 2 08-21-2010 12:17 AM

History 1M03

History 1M03
Published by eleduc
04-28-2009
Published by

Author review
Overall Rating
90%90%90%
Professor Rating
90%90%90%
Interest
100%100%100%
Easiness
80%80%80%
Average 90%
History 1M03

Took this class in Winter 09' With Dr. Eilers.

Very interesting material - covers large spans of Greek and Roman history.

Dr. Eilers is a great lecturer. Does stutter a lot but he knows his facts. Must take own notes (He provides spellings and visual photos). DOES NOT LIKE PEOPLE TALKING DURING HIS LECURES! He WILL embarrass you and kick you out. He also likes to swear a lot so don't be offended - (and sing as Latin Elvis - youtube it). He has a pretty good sense of humour.

T.A's marked everything and the whole team marked the exam.

Tutorial readings are A MUST if you want to pass this course. I didn't use the textbook so much but the coursepack is absolutely essential (and expensive :().

Breakdown:
Passage-for-comment exercise - 10% (in prep for exam)
Library exercise - 10% (no brainer)
Essay - 30% (ours was on the assassination of Caesar - 2000 words)
Exam - 40% (80 M/C covering everything, 5 of 9 short Identifications and 2 of 5 passage for comments from the course reader).

Overall I loved this course and has made me decide to take more classical history courses

Hoit, Patrick.O all say thanks to eleduc for this post.

simkan likes this.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for History 1M03!

Old 06-15-2011 at 12:10 PM   #2
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times
I took this class in the second term with Dr. Corner. I really did not like this course, because the lectures seemed a bit unorganized. He basically just stood up there and talked for the whole time, which wouldn't have been a bad thing, but I just found him to be a bit boring at times. It could be because it was an 8:30 class, but it really didn't interest me all that much even though I thought it would have.
Old 07-18-2017 at 09:34 PM   #3
Kas.tlr

Liked: 0 Times
I'll be taking it online, I hope I enjoy it

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search