MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DC++: Getting Started sjager Computers & Tech 70 11-04-2010 04:06 PM
Since its been 3 weekish since school started Yakattack General Discussion 9 09-25-2010 07:02 PM
Horizon Utilities Question ShouldBeStudying Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 3 09-09-2010 10:16 PM
Horizon Utilities ShouldBeStudying Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 12 05-03-2010 03:16 PM
Horizon worth it? VoyozooT General Discussion 14 07-23-2009 11:47 PM

Horizon Utilities: Getting Started

Old 04-02-2012 at 09:24 PM   #1
leech3

Liked: 2 Times

Horizon Utilities: Getting Started
Can anyone explain to me the process of setting up an account with Horizon Utilities?

From what I can tell, the first thing I need to do is fill out a form on their site and wait for them to reply back.

What exactly do I need to do after that point? I want to figure this out so that the water and electricity is running while I'm away during the summer.
Old 04-02-2012 at 09:30 PM   #2
ThatGuy

Liked: 36 Times

call them...........
Old 04-04-2012 at 01:50 PM   #3
gallagaj

Liked: 19 Times

their website forms suck. give them a call and you can set up a date with them for them to set it up. even if your not there. ALSO. be aware that if you have never had an account with horizon before they often require a 100$ deposit which they will give back to you in a year. UNLESS you have amazing credit lol.
Old 04-04-2012 at 01:59 PM   #4
leech3

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagaj View Post
their website forms suck. give them a call and you can set up a date with them for them to set it up. even if your not there. ALSO. be aware that if you have never had an account with horizon before they often require a 100$ deposit which they will give back to you in a year. UNLESS you have amazing credit lol.
I applied for a new account using their site and received a reply the next day. You're right about their online forms. lol From now on, I'll just call them for any concerns.
Old 06-03-2012
benjaminljb
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 06-03-2012 at 08:24 PM   #5
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

I would recommend you stay well away from these man-in-the-middle "utilities" companies. It will only increase your living expenses.