MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worst thing you did to someone? bloodywarz General Discussion 73 09-18-2010 11:20 AM
What was the KingQueen thing Iamanonymous General Discussion 20 02-11-2010 09:40 PM
What is the #1 thing you need right now? Rossclot General Discussion 94 02-04-2010 09:25 AM
I don't get the whole textbook thing..? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-18-2009 11:32 PM
For the Clubfest thing Goce Academics 5 09-03-2008 05:25 PM

HSR sticker thing

Old 06-25-2009 at 11:36 AM   #1
jordanrogers

Liked: 1 Time

HSR sticker thing
hello! i am going into second year. i know this is wayy early but i was just wondering how we get next years hsr bus pass sticker thing. last year it was mailed with my student card - do they just mail you the sticker now, or do i have to go somewhere ot get it?
Old 06-25-2009 at 11:53 AM   #2
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

They will just mail you the sticker now.
Old 06-25-2009 at 03:31 PM   #3
jordanrogers

Liked: 1 Time

thank you!
Old 06-28-2009 at 11:54 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

But! Something to consider: WHERE they are mailing the sticker. If you're living in Hamilton next year, have them mail the sticker to you there (i.e. change your mailing address on your MUGSI profile).

If the stickers are mailed out late and you live far away you'll end up having to either go home to pick up or have your parents mail our/express post out your sticker so you can use it the first week or so of school.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

KaesoPublius says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 06-28-2009 at 06:46 PM   #5
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
But! Something to consider: WHERE they are mailing the sticker. If you're living in Hamilton next year, have them mail the sticker to you there (i.e. change your mailing address on your MUGSI profile).

If the stickers are mailed out late and you live far away you'll end up having to either go home to pick up or have your parents mail our/express post out your sticker so you can use it the first week or so of school.
This is true... especially since you can use the pass like the last week of August or so. At least, I think you can. Maybe the drivers were being nice.
Old 06-28-2009 at 07:08 PM   #6
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

most of the bus drivers will only let you use it starting september 1st. I tried using it last year while I was a welcome week rep and I had to go to the school for a couple days of training before it was september and the bus driver got really pissed at me.

Old 06-29-2009 at 12:56 AM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

So it's not for 12-month use? just those 8 months? BUt what about the students taking summer school.. It sounds odd. Also, when is it mailed out..? Thanks
Old 06-29-2009 at 12:58 AM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara_h216 View Post
So it's not for 12-month use? just those 8 months? BUt what about the students taking summer school.. It sounds odd. Also, when is it mailed out..? Thanks
It should get mailed out once you are registered.

Only for those 8 months. If you are in summer school they just added a new HSR pass for the 4 months. It a lot more expensive though (It's Opt-In)
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:20 AM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I assume by registered you mean that it will arrive with the Student ID card and such? Oh! makes sense, although it is somewhat unfair... on the up side.. you don't pay for it =D
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:23 AM   #10
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
I assume by registered you mean that it will arrive with the Student ID card and such? Oh! makes sense, although it is somewhat unfair... on the up side.. you don't pay for it =D
Technically, you do pay for it haha. It's just in your supplementary fees. I believe there was a little anger over the fact that you basically had to pay for it, even if you walked or biked to school and didn't ride the bus.

Hell, I'm happy for it. My butt is not walking to school in the snow.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to feonateresa for this post.
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:24 AM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
You do pay for the 8 months though, but I think the cost is only 1-2 months for the entire 8 months.

Yes it comes with the sticker. It'll say HSR on the sticker in the middle.
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:26 AM   #12
PTGregD
Elite Member

I wish you could Opt-out of the HSR bus pass.
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:29 AM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
I wish you could Opt-out of the HSR bus pass.
I use it to go to the GO Station downtown to get home... I also use it to go to Limeridge and downtown with friends. I might as well use it since I have it.

It's all or nothing. I believe that was the agreement reached with HSR. If they allow people to opt out, they would lose a lot of money and would still have to give their service to the people that want to use the HSR for very little money.
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:31 AM   #14
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I use it to go to the GO Station downtown to get home... I also use it to go to Limeridge and downtown with friends. I might as well use it since I have it.

It's all or nothing. I believe that was the agreement reached with HSR. If they allow people to opt out, they would lose a lot of money and would still have to give their service to the people that want to use the HSR for very little money.
Yea, it's a shame the agreement made it impossible to Opt-out. I used the HSR once last year, so although some people get good use out of it, I basically paid $80 to take the bus once. :(
Old 06-29-2009 at 01:35 AM   #15
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
Yea, it's a shame the agreement made it impossible to Opt-out. I used the HSR once last year, so although some people get good use out of it, I basically paid $80 to take the bus once. :(
You should try and organize get-togethers with your friends. Go to grab a bite to eat, explore the city and shop/window-shop at Limeridge.