Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cogeco bundle options shleyaa General Discussion 18 06-04-2009 02:06 PM

Humble Bundle 2 is now out

Old 12-14-2010 at 02:14 PM   #1
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

Humble Bundle 2 is now out
If none of you remember what Humble Bundle 1 was, it was 5 great indie games and you could buy it for any price you want. What ever you spend you could then give it to the devs or charity

Now its back for its second time this Christmas, and the games are even better (though I own them all already : /)

http://www.humblebundle.com/

just thought you guys should know, a great chance to finally play Braid if you havent
Old 12-14-2010 at 02:22 PM   #2
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

I love indie games. I don't even want to think about how many hours of my life Recettear has consumed.

CAPITALISM, HO!
Old 12-14-2010 at 02:54 PM   #3
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
I love indie games. I don't even want to think about how many hours of my life Recettear has consumed.

CAPITALISM, HO!
Finally had a chance to start recettear after buying that $5 steam bundle , fun stuff
Old 12-14-2010 at 03:01 PM   #4
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Very interesting- I don't own any of these games, so I'll probably be buying this. I guess now my only decision is how to split the money. Although I guess showing you're willing to pay for good, non DRM games is the biggest thing.

Yak, want to provide a brief review of the games you've played from here? I've only played Braid before.

EDIT: Decided to give $10, sent it all to the developers.

Last edited by Marlowe : 12-14-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-14-2010 at 03:15 PM   #5
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Ok

Braid - Since you already know, awesome puzzle game where the main pull is being able to manipulate time, was my goty the year it came out

Machinarium - This is a more relaxed puzzle game, you go room to room or screen to screen trying to make your robot advance. You do that by interactive with the environment and seeing what you can do to make him go further.
Since im in love with games such as Monkey island, and this just being the same except with a focus on puzzles more than adventure it was also one of my favorite indie games. Art style and sound are great

Osmos - If you know the game Feeding frenzy, where you start off as a small fish and have to keep eating smaller fish until you grow and repeat. Same game, start off as a small ball, eat smaller balls until you grow big enough to get to the next level. Gravity, and some other gimmicks make it more interesting. Not my kinda game but I know of alot of people who enjoyed it.

Revenge of the Titans - This is a TD (tower Defense) game but not the ones you are used to, it becomes more fast paced and can feel like an rts at some times. Since you actually need to reload your towers after they waste their bullets, have to gather resources by hand etc. Only played the beta of it and sucked at it, so cant tell you any more oh an the creeps/minions dont always follow the same path, which can screw up your plans -.-

Never heard of or playd cortex command, so donno

Marlowe says thanks to Yakattack for this post.
Old 12-14-2010 at 03:52 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Gonna buy I think. Thanks for letting us know!
Old 12-16-2010 at 02:35 PM   #7
Rebellion

Liked: 12 Times

http://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=6GqKhU8aTG

was actually going to give it to a friend, but he already got one, so i decided to post it here. have fun, to whoever claims it!

REPLEKIA/. says thanks to Rebellion for this post.

BlakeM, REPLEKIA/. like this.
Old 12-16-2010 at 02:39 PM   #8
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Ill leave that to some one who doesnt have those games, also as a side note just like the last humble bundle they are saying expect a mystery game at the end of the week, so enjoy
Old 12-16-2010 at 06:27 PM   #9
stevennevets

Liked: 36 Times

bought this for me and a copy for my gf

i got it last year, even though i own a couple of these, i love supporting it. split the money equally between the charities and devs