MacInsiders Logo

This just in:

Old 12-11-2010 at 07:51 PM   #76
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

Well, that went pretty much as bad as I though it would be........My problem is that I just couldn't memorize all that stuff. I started off really good with the MC, then some sections were bad. And the majority of the short answer just killed me. You pretty much had to remember several diagrams/small flow charts word for word. I have to admit though, the study guide was spot-on. It was pretty much the exam. But I just couldn't fit all that info into my head. Oh well........
Old 12-11-2010 at 08:42 PM   #77
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Really? I thought it was pretty straightforward, mainly because the stuff they asked about I actually studied (unlike the second midterm).
Old 12-11-2010 at 09:07 PM   #78
BVictor

Liked: 7 Times

I hope all this course wank is going into the course evaluations so that it isn't as bad for me and the rest of the Biofolk next year.

Kajuira is a lie! "Here at Mac we deal with problem based learning."
I have lost faith in humanity. And to think I actually wanted to attend iGnite for like, 2 milliseconds. :(
Old 12-11-2010 at 09:34 PM   #79
Buszaj

Liked: 125 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Really? I thought it was pretty straightforward, mainly because the stuff they asked about I actually studied (unlike the second midterm).
That's definitely a factor too in succeeding on the midterms/exam. If you studied on one section thoroughly, or only skimmed over another, than it'll affect your mark like crazy. :S
Old 12-11-2010 at 09:40 PM   #80
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buszaj View Post
Well, that went pretty much as bad as I though it would be........My problem is that I just couldn't memorize all that stuff. I started off really good with the MC, then some sections were bad. And the majority of the short answer just killed me. You pretty much had to remember several diagrams/small flow charts word for word. I have to admit though, the study guide was spot-on. It was pretty much the exam. But I just couldn't fit all that info into my head. Oh well........
The 10 mark SA question made me so angry.

It was the one thing at the end of lecture week 11 or whatever that I semi-skipped over and didn't see them putting emphasis on.

I got 3/10 on that because I guessed one of the proteins, the phase of mitosis, and the reason why proteins are degraded, and the rest of the SA I had answers for, but JESUS they like emphasizing things that suck ass. And yes, I KNOW it was on the study guide. Piss off.

Like the mountain of questions about those stupid experiments. It was a fair final, though, but I still cocked it up.

Last edited by Kendoon : 12-11-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2010 at 09:42 PM   #81
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
i feel bad for you guys. bio 2b03 was really easy when i took it. well good luck to y'all. oh actually, i don't think I understood the cyclin complexes very well either :p but thankfully, they weren't tested at much depth for my exam. I have a plants exam on Wednesday and then I will be saying adiós to biology

I could've sworn Plants is on a Tuesday?

But anyway, about the exam. I thought it was much more straightforward than the second midterm. But honestly it was still extremely detailed/based on pure memorization. The study guide was quite helpful though. Oh well, onto Orgo, which I know will actually kill me :/.

Edit: yeah! I've never been tested on so many experiments! But I guess the diagrams sort of helped for some of them.

Last edited by ~*Sara*~ : 12-11-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-11-2010 at 10:04 PM   #82
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
Times like these make me wonder if I should just switch into physics... I have the prerequisites after all :/
Do it.

On that note, did you take math 2R?

Old 12-11-2010 at 10:29 PM   #83
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Ugh. I did not like that exam. Not one bit!

@Sara: I think I struggled the most through those plant questions lol. Pretty sad, eh?

But I have myself to blame for not trying the "study guide".
I didn't bother cause it looked like she just made a question out of EVERYTHING we learned...

PUMPED TO FAIL ORGO EXAM (not entire course!) IN 33.5 HOURS!!
Old 12-11-2010 at 10:33 PM   #84
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Ugh. I did not like that exam. Not one bit!

@Sara: I think I struggled the most through those plant questions lol. Pretty sad, eh?

But I have myself to blame for not trying the "study guide".
I didn't bother cause it looked like she just made a question out of EVERYTHING we learned...

PUMPED TO FAIL ORGO EXAM (not entire course!) IN 33.5 HOURS!!
There were questions on plants? .... Oh wait. Never mind! GAH that gap junctions versus plasmodesmata question annoyed me :@.

Thanks Farid, I thought I had 48 hours. THANKS!!! :frant ic: <- Like actually doing this -__- Aren't you just loving 2nd year Bio

ikantsepll likes this.
Old 12-11-2010 at 10:33 PM   #85
mlangille

Liked: 14 Times

going off what was said early about bio 2B03 and life sci 2A03 getting harder this year- anyone notice what the main difference- Dr. Dej used to be the prof for both those classes last year and in past years- sadly we missed out on having her for both because she's still on mat leave :(

and as for the exam, Im with Buszaj- MC werent too bad (sort of)- all of the details on module 6 were quite draining mentally IMO, lots of overlap in short answer, personally not feeling too good about it since I just skimmed that material at the last minute since I spent so much time on module 5 and the start of module 6
Old 12-11-2010 at 10:40 PM   #86
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlangille View Post
going off what was said early about bio 2B03 and life sci 2A03 getting harder this year- anyone notice what the main difference- Dr. Dej used to be the prof for both those classes last year and in past years- sadly we missed out on having her for both because she's still on mat leave :(

and as for the exam, Im with Buszaj- MC werent too bad (sort of)- all of the details on module 6 were quite draining mentally IMO, lots of overlap in short answer, personally not feeling too good about it since I just skimmed that material at the last minute since I spent so much time on module 5 and the start of module 6
Was totally in the same situation as you on that one! When I got to the last question, I had no clue what the 3 evidence was for the multi-hit model, and so I felt like a real scientist coming up with my own ridiculous proofs for the model