MacInsiders Logo
Old 03-04-2010 at 06:37 PM   #91
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

[quote=Mowicz;126387]I think it's amusing how everyone's arguing amongst themselves, while the group accomplished precisely what they wanted to. Do you, or do you not, all know what "KGP" is? Sounds like checkmate to me. Pamphlets don't catch peoples' attention, radical ideas do.

i get that pamphlets might not get peoples attention, but the methods used by the group are getting peoples attentions for the wrong reasons. Religion, or a fear of god can't be shoved in someones face. Its something that one needs to discover on their own.
Old 03-04-2010 at 06:41 PM   #92
DavidR

Liked: 87 Times

It's Do you agree with Dave? all over again...

Just throwing this out there (although I hate all of this preachy advertising stuff)... but the fact that it is being brought into residences disturbs me. Those are people's homes for 8 months - and once you start bringing religious propaganda into people's homes without their consent I believe you've crossed a line.

Old 03-04-2010 at 06:41 PM   #93
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

While I agree, in particular, others may not. For this reason, you have to think of things from a 'maximizing efficiency' standpoint.

I can certainly understand why they did it, if they're trying to promote their own cause. Sure, it was overdone, no question...but how else are they going to grab attention when the majority of people have an attitude similar to the people in this very thread?
Old 03-04-2010 at 06:49 PM   #94
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
...but how else are they going to grab attention when the majority of people have an attitude similar to the people in this very thread?
Offer free shit
Old 03-04-2010 at 06:52 PM   #95
Mowicz
Elite Member

That would usually work, I doubt many people would want religious 'free shit.' lol.
Old 03-04-2010 at 06:54 PM   #96
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonysky View Post
And for another matter.. do they REALLY KGP.. don't think soo.. so instead of trashing doors and walls and sidewalks and stairs and blackboards with KGP.. they better do some inner relfection and find that KGP and really keep it to themselves instead of finding every inch of the world to "let Mac know" that they KGP.
Exactly.
Old 03-04-2010 at 06:58 PM   #97
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
That would usually work, I doubt many people would want religious 'free shit.' lol.
Just the opposite!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1P44h0XoGk

heeheehee
Old 03-04-2010 at 07:00 PM   #98
Mowicz
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
Just the opposite!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1P44h0XoGk

heeheehee
lol. I find that wrong on so many levels.
Old 03-04-2010 at 07:03 PM   #99
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
lol. I find that wrong on so many levels.
I know that interviewer guy is such a tool
Old 03-04-2010 at 07:24 PM   #100
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

I just don't like the chalk all over the place. It takes a while to go away depending on where it is...there are still the words "HOG" on certain buildings. It just makes things look ugly sometimes...
Old 03-04-2010 at 07:27 PM   #101
MohitB

Liked: 3 Times

Holy crap rather than chalking up the place with stupid acronyms just put up posters like everyone else.
Old 03-04-2010 at 07:42 PM   #102
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree_21 View Post
chalk that will be washed away within 2 days is graffiti?!! whaaa.... ok i'm just going to move along now..
I think technically that is graffiti, unless permission was given for them to write it all over campus. I'm assuming they got permission, but if not I really hope they're forced to clean it up.

Actually, I really hope they're forced to clean it regardless (once their campaign is over). No reason that the janitors should be doing extra work because of an ad campaign.

Quote:
Those C4C shirts look sick, I would totally wear one if it was free. Depending on the price I might get one regardless.
Old 03-04-2010 at 08:45 PM   #103
die-antwoord

Liked: 0 Times

May i propose a MASH counter campaign? FSM?! May you be touched by his noodly appendage! maybe a couple of artistic interpretations for good measure...http://www.venganza.org/
Old 03-04-2010 at 09:03 PM   #104
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

this would be easy enough to do...

micadjems, Shmowen like this.
Old 03-04-2010 at 09:57 PM   #105
Ryan V

Liked: 8 Times

As to whether God exists, check these pictures out and the article of the Red Sea Crossing... yes the crossing was a miracle done by God... The sea is 900 feet deep where they crossed and 5000 feet deep everywhere else meaning that the wall of water was 900 feet high. As proof of the crossing the bottom of the sea is littered with chariot wheels and chariots and bones. Just on the other side of the Red sea is mount sinai in saudi arabia, (Galations 4:25) with its burnt mountain top which is burnt black, and the remains of the golden calf altar. (of course the golden calf itself is not there as it was grinded into powder) Today it is heavily guarded by the saudi arabians. Check it out on Google Earth you can see the mountain and the fences and guardhouses and altar for yourself. Just type Jabal Al Lawz (mountain of laws) into the google earth search. This is not me just making stuff up. It is there to this day. http://www.accordingtothescr ipture...acrossing.html