MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Late OSAP Application macstudent95 Financial Aid 0 07-12-2015 10:08 AM
Late mrrm21 Academics 8 08-18-2014 09:26 PM
Late application! ArshdeepJ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 02-02-2014 10:46 AM
It's Late!! ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-29-2008 12:14 AM
To late for admission? Leraison Academics 8 05-26-2008 12:24 AM

Late Admission and Application, like REALLY late

Old 04-14-2016 at 06:07 PM   #1
maggieana

Liked: 0 Times

Late Admission and Application, like REALLY late
Hi, so I dropped out of high school for medical reasons and am just now finishing up my treatment in hospital.

I need to get my last U credit in adult ed in July, to get six U credits. I aged out of day school, so I have to do night school now.

Is there any chance that I could apply and get into SocSci then? Or could I apply with 5 credits now?

I know its crazy late, but things just looked up for me and I can actually go to university now, instead of living in my hospital bed and that's so exciting.

Any chance extenuating circumstances could help me out? or that mature student admissions go way later?

Am I doomed to start university at 21 years old in September 2017 and not be able to get on with my life?

Help!
Old 04-14-2016 at 06:13 PM   #2
justicebeaver

Liked: 9 Times

Pretty sure you need 6U credits. I don't remember exactly, but because of waiting lists, it is possible to get an offer/accept during the summer (don't quote me, ask the university). I don't know about applying in summer. There is a somewhat related thread, http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea....html?t=103684
Old 04-14-2016 at 07:16 PM   #3
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Am I doomed to start university at 21 years old in September 2017 and not be able to get on with my life?
I joined university late as well. The thing is, no one cares about your age, and at 21 you will not be a social outcast. If you graduate at 25, no employer will give you crap about your age either, it's not like you got your diploma after 40 when the employers lose interest in you exponentially.

In fact quite a few people I know graduated at 25, simply because they were moving around, getting married and working while attending universities.
anal destruct
This message has been removed by a moderator. .