MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can one NOT ge into any level II in science? lifesciman1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 02-25-2012 12:20 PM
level 2 Chem eng. Dropping elective jon.john23 Academics 7 11-10-2011 07:27 PM
Life Science Level II faulkner16 Academics 8 06-13-2011 07:27 PM
Level 2 science programs Chevalier First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 03-25-2011 07:02 PM
Social Science Level II ageless_12 General Discussion 2 03-05-2009 03:08 PM

Level 2 Science-dropping course

Old 03-08-2012 at 07:37 PM   #1
Chawlav

Liked: 0 Times

Level 2 Science-dropping course
Hi everyone,

I just dropped physics 1b03 today because I wasn't doing so well. Though the program I am really interested into going is honours biology. These are the requirements:

It is strongly recommended that one of PHYSICS 1B03 or 1L03 be completed in Level I. Students who have not completed one of PHYSICS 1B03 or 1L03 will be considered for admission, however, these units must be replaced with a course selected from the Life Sciences I Course List and completion of either PHYSICS 1B03 or 1L03 is required by the end of Level II.

Admission

Enrolment in this program is limited and possession of the published minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. Selection is based on academic achievement but requires, as a minimum, completion of any Level I program with a Cumulative Average of at least 6.0 including:

6 units BIOLOGY 1A03, 1M03 with an average of at least 6.0
6 units CHEM 1A03, 1AA3
3 units from MATH 1A03, 1LS3
3 units from PHYSICS 1B03, 1L03 (See Admission Note above.)
6 units from Life Sciences I Course List

So at the end of this year, I will have done chem 1a03, 1aa3, bio 1a03 and 1m03. Math 1ls3 and Math 1lt3, Psych 1x03, and econ 1b03 and 1bb3.

Since I dropped physics, can I still get into honours biology and complete the physics next year?

Thanks
Old 03-08-2012 at 07:52 PM   #2
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

I would go talk to an academic advisor. If your overall average is really high , you might get conditional offer if you do it over the summer
Old 03-08-2012 at 07:58 PM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chawlav View Post
Hi everyone,

I just dropped physics 1b03 today because I wasn't doing so well. Though the program I am really interested into going is honours biology. These are the requirements:

It is strongly recommended that one of PHYSICS 1B03 or 1L03 be completed in Level I. Students who have not completed one of PHYSICS 1B03 or 1L03 will be considered for admission, however, these units must be replaced with a course selected from the Life Sciences I Course List and completion of either PHYSICS 1B03 or 1L03 is required by the end of Level II.

Admission

Enrolment in this program is limited and possession of the published minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. Selection is based on academic achievement but requires, as a minimum, completion of any Level I program with a Cumulative Average of at least 6.0 including:

6 units BIOLOGY 1A03, 1M03 with an average of at least 6.0
6 units CHEM 1A03, 1AA3
3 units from MATH 1A03, 1LS3
3 units from PHYSICS 1B03, 1L03 (See Admission Note above.)
6 units from Life Sciences I Course List

So at the end of this year, I will have done chem 1a03, 1aa3, bio 1a03 and 1m03. Math 1ls3 and Math 1lt3, Psych 1x03, and econ 1b03 and 1bb3.

Since I dropped physics, can I still get into honours biology and complete the physics next year?

Thanks
You have 6 units of bio
You have 6 units of chem
You have 3 units from math 1a03/1ls3
You need 9 units from the life sci I course list, since you dropped physics. You only have 6--math 1LT3 and psych 1X03.

They might give you a conditional offer (based on you completing a course in the summer), but you should talk to an academic advisor.