MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life 2C03 and Life 2D03 snair Academics 3 08-18-2010 02:11 PM
Is anyone looking to drop Life Sci 2C03 OR Life Sci 2H03 Rakim Academics 20 06-20-2010 06:44 PM
Life Sci 2B03 vs. Life Sci 2C03 Black.Mamba Academics 7 06-13-2010 11:02 PM
Life Sci 2C03 Cassanova Academics 7 03-25-2010 08:14 PM

Life Sci 2C03 Test

Old 01-21-2012 at 06:29 PM   #1
optimism

Liked: 14 Times

Life Sci 2C03 Test
Unfortunately, I have been hearing a lot of negative feedback regarding this course, I have tried to switch out but was not able to.

The 1st midterm is coming up and I am very worried. Can someone who had already taken this course shed some light on what kind of questions he could ask, and how to properly study for his tests?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Sincere Thanks!
Old 01-21-2012 at 06:41 PM   #2
karen0809

Liked: 1 Time

I took this course last year, and i have to say it wasn't pleasant. Firstly, it was very hard to understand the prof, he would be standing up at the front of the room mumbling and he would jump form idea to idea with incomplete thoughts. Secondly, his tests didn't relate much to course material. The first midterm did somewhat relate to the course but the second one was literally stuff i had never seen before, and the people i talked to after the test felt the same way.

He had referred to epilepsy a lot during the class yet not once did we get tested on it. My friend had copy and pasted all the marks posted on avenue from the second midterm to excel and if i remember correctly 1/3 of the class failed, if not more, and the average overall was 50 dead on. The final however wasn't that bad, it was doable.

And as for studying I memorized every detail of the slides and I still felt pretty badly about the test after completing them.

All in all I would not recommend this class ever. It was the worst class I had ever taken and because of it I will never take a neuroscience class or a class taught by Ullal.
Hope that helps!

lakhim likes this.
Old 01-21-2012 at 06:53 PM   #3
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

hahahaha FML!
Old 01-21-2012 at 06:57 PM   #4
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

I wonder if its the same for psych 2N03
Old 01-21-2012 at 06:58 PM   #5
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Ullal? Know the text, know everything on the slides, know anything he said that wasn't one the slides.

Sorry, no real trick to this prof (I had 2E03...probably similar). Just memorize it all. He doesn't try to trick you, just asks you straight up for answers.
Old 01-25-2012 at 01:54 AM   #6
mike4

Liked: 26 Times

Its weird, I hear a lot of mixed reviews about Ullal. I have him currently in Psych 2NF3 (Basic and Clinical Neuroscience) and I think hes been great so far. He explains things well and really knows his stuff. Then again its a brand new course, the pace is at his will and there is no textbook. Here's me hoping the midterm coming up wont be a slap in the face!
Old 01-25-2012 at 07:07 AM   #7
3am Coffee

Liked: 155 Times

first midterm was easy, second one f*ed everyone over