MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life Sci 2H03: Environmental Life Science The Effekt Academics 7 06-06-2012 10:39 PM
Transferring from Life Science to Health Science MichaelScarn Academics 12 07-06-2011 10:39 AM
Life Science course help cjdzl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 06-26-2010 07:31 AM
Science...more specifically Life Science Meg543 Academics 9 08-24-2009 07:53 PM

Life Science

Old 08-06-2012 at 06:16 PM   #1
Lilly_Allen

Liked: 7 Times

Life Science
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiii everyone! I am going to be a first year life sci student! I am so very excited! I hope someone can answer my questions lol I am so confused :(. So to join clubs, what do we have to do? Also.. I was wondering.. can anyone tell me if what textbooks are really necessary to buy out of Kin1Y03/1YY3, BIO 1M03/1A03, PSYCH 1XX3/1X03, PHYSIC 1L03, MATH 1LS3, CHEM 1AA3/A03. Thanks a lot in advance! Hope someone can help me out
Old 08-06-2012 at 06:29 PM   #2
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

I rarely, if ever opened the books for Chem 1A03/1AA3, Bio 1A03/1M03, and I didnt even buy the book for Physics 1L03... Math 1L03 was useful at times but not really worth the cost.
Old 08-06-2012 at 08:46 PM   #3
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly_Allen View Post
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiii everyone! I am going to be a first year life sci student! I am so very excited! I hope someone can answer my questions lol I am so confused :(. So to join clubs, what do we have to do? Also.. I was wondering.. can anyone tell me if what textbooks are really necessary to buy out of Kin1Y03/1YY3, BIO 1M03/1A03, PSYCH 1XX3/1X03, PHYSIC 1L03, MATH 1LS3, CHEM 1AA3/A03. Thanks a lot in advance! Hope someone can help me out
You don't need the textbook for Chem 1A03/1AA3 since the lecture notes are more than enough. I did use the textbooks for Bio 1M03 and Bio 1A03. However, I found that Kajiura's notes were well organized and I studied them more in depth for the midterm instead of reading the textbook. But, I started to depend more the textbook when the second prof came in for Bio 1A03. You don't need the textbooks for Physics 1L03 and Math 1LS3. The courseware for Math 1LS3 and past tests are more than enough to do well on the midterms. You do need the textbook for Psych 1X03 since some of weekly quiz questions + some exam questions were just based on the textbook info. and not the online modules. However, you really don't need the textbook for Psych 1XX3 since all the quiz questions and exam questions were based on the live lectures and online modules. Lastly, I would recommend getting the textbook for Kin 1Y03/1YY3 since the pre-lab quizzes have the exact diagrams from the book and you can easily find the answers for other questions by going thru your book.

And just go to Clubfest during the first week of school and sign for clubs that you are interested in.
Old 08-06-2012 at 08:53 PM   #4
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

CHEM 1A03/1AA3's textbook may prove useful for practice questions so that doesn't exactly mean you should buy it, but it's worth somehow getting your hands for that extra practice. The instruction team posts recommended questions so you are doing the ones they expect you to be able to do. On the other hand, like many other textbooks, they are there for extra explanations of topics should you need them. It's like learning from another professor.

As for clubs, 'sign-up' basically means you give them your email so they can add you to their email list which keep you up to date about the clubs' events. You can also look into becoming a part of some clubs executive teams as well.