MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seriously worried.. justlily Academics 12 04-30-2012 08:25 PM
worried , can anyone answer ?? cora0840 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 09-26-2011 11:51 AM
Should I be worried? Please help me. alijade1991 Academics 2 06-02-2011 08:05 PM
im worried Theexe1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 09-07-2009 09:07 AM
worried..OSAP HELP! xsanx First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-24-2009 12:18 AM

A little worried

Old 08-01-2012 at 08:19 PM   #16
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
I was worried that I wouldn't make any friends in first year. And I didn't.
lol, way to throw a damper on the thread.

I lived off-campus in first year... so I didn't make as many friends as I would have if I'd lived on campus. It was good in some ways though because I focused a lot more on school, which is pretty important for first year.
Old 08-01-2012 at 08:24 PM   #17
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
lol, way to throw a damper on the thread.

I lived off-campus in first year... so I didn't make as many friends as I would have if I'd lived on campus. It was good in some ways though because I focused a lot more on school, which is pretty important for first year.

Yeah, part of me wanted to stay in my room, focus on school, and avoid parties. Well, it has more to do with my own personality :'(. I lived on res but I kind of enjoyed being alone. I didn't ACTUALLY make no friends, though...I made one...?!
Old 08-01-2012 at 08:32 PM   #18
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

i dont know if living on res gives you more friends anyways. you just get more acquaintances imo. too many damn people to say 'hi' to when youre going into/out of who you kind of know and then a lot of the time ppl stop saying 'hi' all together and it gets so damn awkward when you walk by em. lol
Old 08-02-2012 at 09:39 AM   #19
newbo

Liked: 17 Times

Here I have a master plan for this, get a bunch of people to put on brightly coloured jumpsuits, make them walk around campus, and try to get quiet people to open up while also engaging the rest of the first-years. It's genius I tells ya, genius.
Old 08-02-2012 at 10:27 AM   #20
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

We could call it,,, Welcome Week? Hmm i dunno...

newbo says thanks to Chris23 for this post.
Old 08-02-2012 at 07:50 PM   #21
madisonsmith

Liked: 1 Time

Everyone in first year is in the exact same position as you& wants to meet people! Just put yourself out there and you'll have no problems, don't stress about it!
Old 08-03-2012 at 09:56 AM   #22
newbo

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonsmith View Post
Everyone in first year is in the exact same position as you& wants to meet people! Just put yourself out there and you'll have no problems, don't stress about it!
Just don't "put out" on the first day. You will be popular for the wrong reasons.. or maybe the right if that's what you want from University?
Old 08-03-2012 at 11:40 AM   #23
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonsmith View Post
Everyone in first year is in the exact same position as you & wants to meet people! Just put yourself out there and you'll have no problems, don't stress about it!
I sure as heck wasn't.

But I guess that doesn't apply to everyone else, because they ended up meeting me anyway.
Old 08-03-2012 at 12:06 PM   #24
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

Once the assignments start rolling out, you will instinctively ask ppl for help. Esp with the labs for math in first year. I guess thats how i started off.

Also u will make friends with ppl in your program who commute with you regularly.

Not to toot my own horn but, commuting since first year and Im pretty sure i know ALOT of ppl in Eng, more ppl than those who lived on campus do, my friends keep saying "you know almost every one in our program" **not everyone, but quiet alot**. Labs, tuts, class, commuting... Its not hard.

So its not hard to make friends, u seem to have the right motivation. Im sure ull find a great set of ppl to work with.

With regards to parties on campus im not sure... I dont really party, although im sure you will make friends who can let you in

any way... good luck and welcome to mac
Old 08-03-2012 at 12:30 PM   #25
amitoj

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon.john23 View Post
Once the assignments start rolling out, you will instinctively ask ppl for help. Esp with the labs for math in first year. I guess thats how i started off.

Also u will make friends with ppl in your program who commute with you regularly.

Not to toot my own horn but, commuting since first year and Im pretty sure i know ALOT of ppl in Eng, more ppl than those who lived on campus do, my friends keep saying "you know almost every one in our program" **not everyone, but quiet alot**. Labs, tuts, class, commuting... Its not hard.

So its not hard to make friends, u seem to have the right motivation. Im sure ull find a great set of ppl to work with.

With regards to parties on campus im not sure... I dont really party, although im sure you will make friends who can let you in

any way... good luck and welcome to mac

once again... JONNNY BOYYY

jon.john23 likes this.