MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bio2C03 and Bio2A03 Exchange Nogah7 Academics 2 08-12-2010 07:50 PM
Exchange Average? emillar Academics 3 03-07-2010 12:53 AM
Winter Exchange! wongywj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 09-12-2009 11:51 AM
Student Exchange lisforlaura Academics 38 06-29-2009 10:56 PM
Aussie exchange student introduction Blake General Discussion 7 12-12-2008 11:04 AM

Mac Exchange?

Old 07-07-2009 at 07:05 PM   #1
tigerize8

Liked: 7 Times

Mac Exchange?
I was wondering whether someone is looking to do an exchange in 3rd/4th year [i THINK that's when you can do it] or someone who has done an exchange; especially internationally.
It seems like a fabulous idea, although I'm sure reasons like money, time etc come into play. Also the fact that I don't think there is much hype about it at mac, unlike queens with hermontceaux castle >.< although not every university is lucky enough to get a castle 'donated' by alumni xD
I was just looking for some thoughts and see if anybody else is interested/has done it/not interested and why.

Old 07-08-2009 at 06:10 PM   #2
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

It seems like a phenomenal opportunity
Can you do Sciences abroad?

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-08-2009 at 07:19 PM   #3
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

I'm really interested in studying abroad. I think it's a great idea. I'm just worried about the cost. lol
Old 07-08-2009 at 10:27 PM   #4
tigerize8

from what i've read/asked about; apparently as long as you're eligible i'm fairly certain you can do it. altho i'm assuming most people don't do it b/c its such a hassle.

http://oisa.mcmaster.ca/outgoing_exch.htm

as for cost [i think] you pay mac tuition, but you have to figure out 'accommodations'

xD i was just wondering whether someone had done it before; it seems like there aren't many that can speak 'from experience' o well.

Old 07-08-2009 at 10:29 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

That would actually be an amazing opportunity, but again, the question of cost comes up :S .. Unless it's Mcmaster tuition, then it could be manageable
Old 07-08-2009 at 10:35 PM   #6
tigerize8

McMaster University's International Student Exchange Programs are formal agreements between McMaster and post-secondary institutions abroad (exchange partners). The exchange programs allow selected students to spend part or all of their third or forth year studying abroad. Credits earned while on exchange are transferred to the student’s degree. Grades for courses taken at external institutions are not listed on McMaster University transcript and are not included in the calculation of the student’s grade point average. Students are required to pay tuition and supplementary fees to McMaster University (not to the host institution) when participating on a formal exchange. International Student Services (ISS) will directly assist students during each step of the application process.

i kinda don't like when they say 'Grades for courses taken at external institutions are not listed on McMaster University transcript and are not included in the calculation of the student’s grade point average.' xD

Old 07-08-2009 at 10:39 PM   #7
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIgdoura View Post
i kinda don't like when they say 'Grades for courses taken at external institutions are not listed on McMaster University transcript and are not included in the calculation of the student’s grade point average.' xD
If you end up applying to a graduate school, they will request a transcript from the university you did your exchange at and WILL look at those marks.
Old 07-09-2009 at 05:02 PM   #8
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

That's so weird... It's still a course and at a recognized post-sec. Too bad :(!
Old 07-10-2009 at 12:28 AM   #9
gmon

Liked: 0 Times

There was another thread about this like a week back:

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...ght=exchang e

There might be some useful exchange information for you there.
I'm leaving for mine in a week
Old 07-10-2009 at 12:41 AM   #10
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmon View Post
There was another thread about this like a week back:

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...ght=exchang e

There might be some useful exchange information for you there.
I'm leaving for mine in a week
Thanks for the link! Completely forgot about that thread XD.
Sounds great! Where are you heading ?
Old 07-10-2009 at 01:06 AM   #11
gmon

Liked: 0 Times

I'm backpacking around the baltic sea until school starts in Oslo, packing my bags as we speak. My inkling is that 5+ years down the road my thoughts will be less focused on the costs and more on the general awsomeness of having lived and studied in Europe for a few months.
Hopefully I'm not mistaken
Old 07-10-2009 at 01:10 AM   #12
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmon View Post
I'm backpacking around the baltic sea until school starts in Oslo, packing my bags as we speak. My inkling is that 5+ years down the road my thoughts will be less focused on the costs and more on the general awsomeness of having lived and studied in Europe for a few months.
Hopefully I'm not mistaken
Sounds incredible, backpacking && studying in Oslo! Should be a great summer and year in september! forgetting the costs - which shouldn't matter compared to the experience of course - you'll definitely have a great time !