MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First year nursing student :P anyone else taking nursing and if not message still :) C.RUMBLE Introduce Yourself 9 08-27-2010 12:56 PM
Anyone going to Mo-Mac Nursing ? AK05 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-11-2010 11:47 AM
CPR course for nursing? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-18-2010 07:31 PM

Mac Nursing

Old 08-08-2008 at 09:52 PM   #121
SaraM

Liked: 0 Times

way to take the same electives as me ashley!i just don't understand how you're taking 3 electives...

okay, nevermind.. i just looked it up
your year has changed, you only have to take one term of biochem,
whereas we had to take 2 (lucky ducks), leaving room to take one more elective...
aha'

well my advice, take electives that you find enojable... or will be easy.. aha

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 08-08-2008 at 09:54 PM   #122
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvy88 View Post
i cant wait till monday!! =]
hey davey, you have conflicts? or i'm the only one who has them? LOL
Old 08-08-2008 at 09:54 PM   #123
SaraM

prepared to be in computer hell at midnight... aha

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 08-08-2008 at 09:55 PM   #124
SaraM

first year i had 8 conflicts... urrrg!

it took me like 8 hours to figure out the whole system.

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 08-08-2008 at 09:59 PM   #125
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aya017 View Post
hey davey, you have conflicts? or i'm the only one who has them? LOL
lol i have four... i hope it all works out..

oh and sara.. we still have to take biochem 2... but it got bumped up to third year... oh... and they took away one of our electives and put something else in the mix... we only have 9 electives total now over the whole program.. although we have 3 electives first year.. we only get 2 every year after that.
Old 08-08-2008 at 10:33 PM   #126
SaraM

ahh... yeah, i was trying to compare the 2 degree calanders..
2nd year you will be required to take stats... as its a requirement if you want to do more schooling after the 4 years..

it wasnt required for us, but it was recommended... so a whole bunch of us have taken it/ or going to take it.

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 08-08-2008 at 11:02 PM   #127
aya017

lmao yea. i shall be on for awhile. it doesn't help that i'm on msn AND on facebook at the same time too but whatever LOL

oh man. lol. i actually just have two courses that conflict with everything else. but i have to pick a new elective, and then take an evening core instead of the day one i wanted. :S
Old 08-09-2008 at 06:01 AM   #128
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
way to take the same electives as me ashley!
hahaha okay, now i swear that was a puuuure coincedence! but since you took the electives and i'm taking them..care to tell me what you thought? easy? interesting? how were the assignments? and what was music 1AA3 about? well, clearly the history of music, but was it more learning about the history of hte composers, where they get their inspiration from, etc?

Old 08-24-2008 at 08:41 PM   #129
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Okay, I'm posting for my friend (too lazy to make an account)

She's taking the Collaborative B.Sc.N. (the Mo-Mac Nursing). She got accepted late so now she is having a hard time making her time table on her own.

She was looking at the Master Timetable for NURSING 1F04. Only C03 is compatible with her timetable however, it says MHK/CAMPUS (I'm guessing it's at Mohawk) under LOCATION and IAHS (which is at Mac) under NOTES. So there are two locations?? Or is it like backwards, meaning its only for Mohawk students and take it at the IAHS building?? She can only take it if it is at Mac because if it was at Mohawk, she'd only have 10 minutes to get from Mohawk to Mac for her next class. Someone help please!! :(

Here is a print screen of it:
Old 08-24-2008 at 11:03 PM   #130
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times

i'm pretty sure it means that it's only for mohawk students who take it at the IAHS building...

Old 08-25-2008 at 09:52 AM   #131
nafsin

i second what ashley says...i actually contacted one of the nursing reps and they confirmed that C03 is for mohawk students and IT IS in the McMaster campus
Old 08-25-2008 at 10:27 AM   #132
aya017

YEA. i second it too.
coz mohawk has a "campus" at mac (for the collab program) and the "campus" includes (or is pretty much, i dont really know) the IAHS building.
Old 08-29-2008 at 12:24 AM   #133
twindy

Can I Take Data Management Math In Grade 12 To Get Into The Nursing Program, Also Have U Taken Data Management If So What Is It Like , Is It Easier Than Functions>?
Old 08-29-2008 at 12:28 AM   #134
davey
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindy View Post
Can I Take Data Management Math In Grade 12 To Get Into The Nursing Program, Also Have U Taken Data Management If So What Is It Like , Is It Easier Than Functions>?
1. Yes... any grade 12 math fufills the requirement.

2. I have heard from alot of people that data is easier and more common sense. However, it depends on which type of math you do better - probability and statistics (more practical) or functions/curve sketching (more theoretical).

twindy says thanks to davey for this post.
Old 08-29-2008 at 12:31 AM   #135
davey
Elite Member

Also, data has projects/assignments and computer work in addition to tests and quizzes.

Functions is purely marked on tests and quizzes.

You should also take that in consideration.