Mandatory course full qwerty91 Academics 5 06-17-2010 10:27 AM
Life Sci Mandatory Courses are full Rakim Academics 19 06-14-2010 09:14 PM
Mandatory Courses FULL. Rakim Academics 1 06-14-2010 12:10 PM

Mandatory Chem 1AA3 Full?

Old 06-15-2011 at 12:03 PM   #1
DanTaj

Liked: 0 Times

Mandatory Chem 1AA3 Full?
So I'm about to begin my second year in Eng as a Elec/biomed engineer. Unfortunately, when I went to pick my courses, I could not take the organic chem due to that fact that it is somehow already full.

Should I just wait and spam SOLAR hoping a spot opens? Or is there anyone in the Chem or Eng departments that I can contact to have this fixed?
Old 06-15-2011 at 12:10 PM   #2
A_L3

Liked: 4 Times

This happened to me last year. Just email Jeff Landry and he'll let you in. ([email protected] )
Old 06-15-2011 at 12:12 PM   #3
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

By organic chem, do you mean Chem 1AA3 or Chem 2AO3? Because the first one has an organic component, yes, but it also has an inorganic component.

That said, if it's a mandatory course, I suppose you could email them about it and they'll open up a spot for you. Since Chem 1AA3 is a first year course, it's probably being blocked till the incoming first years have finished their selection. You can try and wait till July when SOLAR opens up for everybody, or you can try contacting Jeff Landry about Chem 1AA3 (he's the lab coordinator thing).

EDIT: Ninja'd. :(
Old 06-15-2011 at 12:22 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Since it's mandatory email an academic advisor right away, or better yet, Jeff Landry. It's only showing up as full because all the seats are reserved for first-years, however, the course isn't actually "full" yet.
Old 06-15-2011 at 12:22 PM   #5
DanTaj

Liked: 0 Times

K sweet thanks. And I had just skimmed over the course description, and I saw organic, so I just assumed.
Old 06-15-2011 at 12:42 PM   #6
Rofact

Liked: 4 Times

I'm in the same situation as you. I talked to them Chem advisor on the phone and she put me on a list and told me she would be in touch with me sometime August and not to worry about it. I'm guessing that it probably won't open up until then.