MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSAF Help Yehboi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 03-18-2012 11:59 AM
Msaf dromias Academics 16 07-16-2011 04:37 PM
MSAF Help Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 02-24-2011 03:09 PM
Msaf healthsci1 General Discussion 9 02-07-2011 04:43 PM

How many days can I MSAF at once?

Old 02-11-2013 at 06:24 PM   #1
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

How many days can I MSAF at once?
I'm thinking about MSAFing this week. Would this be possible?
Old 02-11-2013 at 06:33 PM   #2
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

MSAF lasts for 5 days.
Trust me, last week before reading week? Light at the end of the tunnel. Hang on.
You'll want to MSAF the first week back.
Old 02-11-2013 at 06:36 PM   #3
ZSimon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
MSAF lasts for 5 days.
Trust me, last week before reading week? Light at the end of the tunnel. Hang on.
You'll want to MSAF the first week back.
ehhhh. I just don't want to deal with Finance. I'll either do really well or really bad.
Old 02-11-2013 at 06:39 PM   #4
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

every thing you MSAF has to be under 30%, though. i was gonna MSAF but my midterm's 30% so I'm screwed. good luck to you

Old 02-11-2013 at 06:41 PM   #5
ZSimon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
every thing you MSAF has to be under 30%, though. i was gonna MSAF but my midterm's 30% so I'm screwed. good luck to you
same with my managerial 2 weeks ago it was also 30%. somehow I did really well. Good luck on your midterms.

For Finance our prof, in his Avenue post said "Students can elect to use the MSAF process (McMaster Student Absence Form) if they are unable to write the recheduled midterm. Details and links to information about MSAF are included in the course syllabus. Student can use the MSAF only once per term (for all courses). If you have already used the MSAF this term, please see the APO immediately to discuss options. I will make a separate announcement about the redistribution of available marks for those students electing to use the MSAF. This redistribution will be the same for all students in this course who use the MSAF."

lol
Old 02-11-2013 at 07:34 PM   #6
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSimon View Post
I'm thinking about MSAFing this week. Would this be possible?
What do you need help with in particular? I may be able to help you Simon.
Old 02-11-2013 at 08:49 PM   #7
ZSimon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
What do you need help with in particular? I may be able to help you Simon.
I didn't buy the book or coursepack for finance. I also haven't been to class, at all. can you scan what you have? :S I know it'd be asking a lot. But I did post notes for Geog 1HB3 if you recall
Old 02-11-2013 at 09:28 PM   #8
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSimon View Post
I didn't buy the book or coursepack for finance. I also haven't been to class, at all. can you scan what you have? :S I know it'd be asking a lot. But I did post notes for Geog 1HB3 if you recall
Lmao. There are too many pages to scan man. Why not just invest $80 into the course? I thought you needed some help with the actual material itself. I'm sure you can lend a copy off of a friend, and take photos/scan yourself, no?
Old 02-11-2013 at 10:17 PM   #9
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Lmao. There are too many pages to scan man. Why not just invest $80 into the course? I thought you needed some help with the actual material itself. I'm sure you can lend a copy off of a friend, and take photos/scan yourself, no?
You can buy the coursewear for $40, which is what I did and that is all I have been studying from since you get problems + full solutions. I thought it was worth it
Old 02-11-2013 at 10:19 PM   #10
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
You can buy the coursewear for $40, which is what I did and that is all I have been studying from since you get problems + full solutions. I thought it was worth it
I think it's worth it too. I also like reading the textbook, so I bought both things.