MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Snow Day? Cassanova General Discussion 39 02-26-2010 09:34 PM
snow days? soltintal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 12-09-2009 02:07 PM
Snow Day lorend MacInsiders Announcements 3 02-01-2008 01:49 PM
Snow Day Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 02-14-2007 11:27 PM
Snow Day madison817 General Discussion 2 01-17-2007 07:31 AM

MASSIVE SNOW FALL = Snow Day?

Blizzard Time!

Well, if you've stepped outside you probably landed in 1-2 feet of snow. As the night goes on it's only supposed to get worse.

Currently McMaster has ignored the fact that all highschools in the Wentworth Board have decided they will be closed tomorrow no matter what. Yet... Mac was open tonight and all day today!

According to the Mac website, they will be issuing a statement at 5:30AM tomorrow with whether we'll have school or not. If the weather keeps up like it is now, there is a high chance the school will be closed.

Quote:

McMaster University has been monitoring the weather conditions throughout the day and has decided to continue with all scheduled activities this evening. Students, faculty and staff should check with the University tomorrow to learn if the campus will be open as usual. Check the Daily News website, call 905-525-9140, or listen to one of the local media to monitor the situation.
We've apparently had a record breaking snowfall. According to The Hamilton Spectator... it is the most we've had all winter!

Quote:
Senior Environment Canada climatologist David Phillips says Hamilton could get more snow today than it's seen all winter.

Phillips told The Spectator that this season so far is the third least-snowiest since record-keeping began at John C. Munro International Airport in 1959.

"Up to this date, you've really been in an almost-snow-free zone. Amounts are well down in the Hamilton area. You've had only 37.8 centimetres compared to the usual 107."

By this time in 1960-61, only 27.5 cm had fallen on Hamilton and in 1979-80 there'd been only 36.5 cm by Feb. 13.

"The twist is you could end up today -- if all things align -- you could end up with the most snow ever, more than all this winter. It's really bizarre."
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 02-14-2007 at 10:03 AM   #2
pencil-skirt
Faculty: Humanities
Year: Other

Liked: 0 Times
university closure
Hi! I came to this site looking for more info but it looks like no one has posted yet that yes, school is closed until 12pm, but I don't know about after that. They promised to put it on the Mac website at 11am if it would reopen, but it is not there and it is not there on their phone line. Am I just supposed to go in???
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 02-14-2007 at 10:07 AM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia
Year: Alumni

Liked: 1,731 Times
No, stay home. There has been no annoucement yet that it will be reopened. Keep checking back for details.
Old 02-14-2007 at 10:12 AM   #4
pencil-skirt

They said that it would be posted on the website by 11am but mcmaster.ca is crashing. The phone number that was previously on the front page (905-525-9140) takes me to conference services! No info there.

I have a 12:30 class and I am a commuter. I just don't want them to announce at 11:40 that the school is reopened because there is no way I'll make it on time.

Old 02-14-2007 at 10:19 AM   #5
pencil-skirt

School is cancelled~!
Hey I finally got through to the number on the mcmaster.ca site and it says school is cancelled for the day!!!!

Wheee!

Old 02-14-2007 at 10:57 AM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia
Year: Alumni

Liked: 1,731 Times
Yes, we got through a few hours ago on the phone to hear the news. The announcement has been updated on the homepage. Closure is also confirmed on K-Lite FM's storm watch page.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search