MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Kicked out of math 1F03...? laura03125 Academics 15 09-02-2010 11:42 PM
math 1m03 and 1f03 MacStudent1 Academics 4 08-25-2010 10:51 AM
I NEED A MATH 1F03 BOOk! snair General Discussion 2 09-14-2009 10:44 AM
HELP! Math 1F03 LBJ.MVP First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-12-2009 04:01 PM
Math 1F03 Test k2s8262 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 10-07-2008 06:54 AM

Math 1F03

Math 1F03
Published by sana1504
06-05-2010
Published by

Author review
Overall Rating
80%80%80%
Professor Rating
90%90%90%
Interest
80%80%80%
Easiness
80%80%80%
Average 83%
Math 1F03

Math 1F03: An Introduction to Calculus and Analytic Geometry

There were 3 tests worth 20% each and a 40% final exam.
Each test had about 8 MC and 3 SA. We were given 1.5 hours - which I found to be plenty of time.

Tutorials were optional but I found them to be the most helpful part of the course. My TA Ms. Batista was GREAT! I have never had math explained to me this well in my life!
The textbook and solutions manual are a must! (We used the same textbook as Math 1A03)
Fun Fact: Our prof told us that Early Transcendentals by Stewart is the most widely used Calculus textbook used in the world - and its written by a McMaster graduate!

This is the website where they posted the announcements, web postings, suggested homework, practice tests, course outline, lecture schedule.
http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/~mcleac3/math1F03/main1F.html (the link is inactive right now)

In this course we started with limits, then derivatives of polynomial, trigonometric, log, exponential, ln functions. Then we learned how to find the max/min of functions, where the function is increasing and decreasing, where it’s concave up and concave down using the first and second derivative tests, and we finished off with dot product, cross product, and plane geometry.

Overall the work load was manageable and fair.
If you do the homework every week and the practice tests they put up, this course should be fine
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Math 1F03!

Old 06-25-2010 at 04:27 PM   #2
MaryS

Liked: 17 Times
I'm really nervous about taking this course. Hopefully all will go well!
Old 09-14-2010 at 02:03 AM   #3
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times
the link works fine for me.

two days into this course, so far it's easy as heck. really easy review he's going over.
Old 11-17-2010 at 01:18 AM   #4
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times
Now that the course is more than halfway done...here's an updated review:

1. The solutions manual is unnecessary
2. The textbook is optional
3. Going to lectures is optional
4. Going to tuts is unnecessary
5. Read the corresponding postings to the upcoming test
6. Know how to do all the questions on both versions of the practice tests
7. Correct the mistakes on your math tests (if any)
8. ???
9. Profit

Note: Easiest math in uni you'll ever take.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search