MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca vs @mcmaster.ca KMoney First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-13-2010 06:04 PM
msu agendas myInteger General Discussion 4 09-12-2009 12:01 PM
Student Agendas Abyss General Discussion 26 09-22-2008 07:34 PM
School Agendas watercresent General Discussion 2 09-21-2008 10:03 AM

McMaster Agendas

Old 08-26-2011 at 11:34 AM   #16
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

I just use my phone calendar and alerts or the MSU calendar you can get tonnes of those to put up in your room if you want. The MSU agenda is good to get an idea of the places around mac to eat and buy stuff for cheap. I used it for the 1st week and then it became just another item in my room.
Old 08-26-2011 at 12:30 PM   #17
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Use outlook calendar. You most likely already have it with your MS office suite, and with a little cuztomization, you can remove all the other features like mail etc and force it into calendar only mode. Sync this with your phone and it's perfect (though even only on laptop is enough too).

Using digital calendars is so much better + easier becuase trust me, you're gonna keep moving tasks around when you realize your deadline was a joke and can't work on something till the next week ...etc.

And with outlook, you can easily use the categories feature to seperate things like midterms from tutorials you have to prepare for, use a seperate colour for labs that need to be written up, and one for papers you have to work on, maybe even plan out all your readings (which you'll keep moving becuase you will never do them )

-Ish- likes this.
Old 08-26-2011 at 12:41 PM   #18
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
I think they give out the agendas at clubsfest along with the MSU bag and the calender.

I had a physical agenda last year that I bought at wal-mart, but it ended up becoming useless, because I didn't have room in my bag to bring it with my every day ~__~

I tried to use apps on my ipod for a while, but that was also annoying. Lately I've just settled for using this website called "Teuxdeux". It's really simplistic, has a iphone app it automatically syncs to, and I hope it'll work out for me this year.
$2.99 for iPhone app :(

wish i had jailbroken...
Old 08-26-2011 at 12:58 PM   #19
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Sweet found a cool simple app for tasklist on app store. Easy to move them around too.
I wonder if there's one that can sync with outlook tasks though... (edit: all cost $_$ or look crappy)

App I found is called "Zero" and shows the number of tasks on homescreen too (see pic 2)

Last edited by ikantsepll : 08-26-2011 at 01:03 PM.

-Ish- says thanks to ikantsepll for this post.

anon491 likes this.
Old 08-26-2011 at 01:55 PM   #20
cl1124

Liked: 0 Times

They don't give free agendas but the bookstore sale it for $12.
Old 08-26-2011 at 02:11 PM   #21
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Hate when people don't read the rest of the thread and spew false info...

RememberTwce likes this.
Old 08-26-2011 at 04:38 PM   #22
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl1124 View Post
They don't give free agendas but the bookstore sale it for $12.
They do - with the MSU swag during welcome week.
Old 08-26-2011 at 07:56 PM   #23
davied

Liked: 1 Time

um so do they give the dry erase calendars during welcome week also... cause that ill save me from spending money on one from staples.
Old 08-26-2011 at 09:01 PM   #24
BlueWave

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by davied View Post
um so do they give the dry erase calendars during welcome week also... cause that ill save me from spending money on one from staples.
Yep, they hand out the MSU goody bag during welcome week in the student centre (right in front of the black lounge chairs).

You'll see some tables set up and an assembly line of goods being prepared and put into the bags.

You'll know where to go because you will see lots of people sporting black MSU bags over their shoulder with the rolled up calendar poking out. Just follow the crowd!
Old 08-26-2011 at 10:59 PM   #25
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by davied View Post
Yep they do. It's not the best of quality, like the ones I've seen at Staples but it does the job and it's not all that bad... and it's free every year!