MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fridges necessary? ricechrispy Residence & Housing 19 08-12-2011 09:20 AM
Mini Fridges DonJuan General Discussion 5 08-23-2010 10:37 AM
Two mini fridges in a double room (Les Prince)? Ohmz Residence & Housing 3 09-12-2009 04:48 PM
Mini Fridges TheAxtmann Residence & Housing 62 09-01-2009 09:49 PM
Fridges spiotrowski Moulton Hall Forum 20 07-21-2008 03:52 PM

Mini Fridges

Old 08-15-2011 at 01:30 PM   #1
summercandy

Liked: 3 Times

Mini Fridges
I'm in a triple in Whidden and i have been hearing we are getting a fridge in our room and then other places it says we aren't getting a fridge in our room. I am so confused as to if triples ARE getting a fridge. Does anybody know?!
Old 08-15-2011 at 01:30 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by summercandy View Post
I'm in a triple in Whidden and i have been hearing we are getting a fridge in our room and then other places it says we aren't getting a fridge in our room. I am so confused as to if triples ARE getting a fridge. Does anybody know?!
You can contact Housing to be 100% sure. housing.mcmaster.ca

summercandy says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-15-2011 at 01:35 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Contact Rez admissions: [email protected] r.ca
Old 08-15-2011 at 03:15 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Don't you have to pay for it (based on if you want one), which would mean you have to decide with your housemates?
Old 08-15-2011 at 03:56 PM   #5
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

In previous years, triples (some, not sure if they all did) got a minifridge provided, whereas doubles and singles didn't (not sure about quads...), so that's probably where the confusion comes in. You might find this link useful:
http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Building_...inventory.html

summercandy says thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 08-15-2011 at 04:01 PM   #6
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Bunk and Loft style rooms are given a fridge. I'm not so sure about normal triple rooms though.

summercandy says thanks to Theashe for this post.
Old 08-15-2011 at 09:45 PM   #7
Hemisha

Liked: 0 Times

I'm in a triple room at Brandon (so I'm assuming this is the same deal) and I emailed housing about this as well and this is what I got back:

"If your room is classified as a "triple" room then you will not have a fridge included in the room. Only bunk and loft rooms contain the fridge at no extra cost. If you would like a fridge in your room, you will need to rent it through the company Coldex. "

haha so yes, order a fridge!
Old 08-15-2011 at 11:45 PM   #8
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisha View Post
I'm in a triple room at Brandon (so I'm assuming this is the same deal) and I emailed housing about this as well and this is what I got back:

"If your room is classified as a "triple" room then you will not have a fridge included in the room. Only bunk and loft rooms contain the fridge at no extra cost. If you would like a fridge in your room, you will need to rent it through the company Coldex. "

The new fridge policy is so stupid. It's just yet another money-grab for McMaster and a total waste of money for students (who are already short for cash anyway). It costs almost as much to rent a fridge for a year as it does to just buy one outright and have it forever. On top of that, I wouldn't give my credit card information to a company whose website looks like Coldex's. I've seen scam sites that look more impressive than it.

https://secure9.securewebexch ange....ion.php ?id=5
Old 08-16-2011 at 12:11 AM   #9
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

You can get a fridge from coldex during welcome week without ordering online, it will be just like a week late

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 08-16-2011 at 12:22 AM   #10
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisha View Post

Wow, that's so stupid. A triple and a bunk/loft are basically the same thing -_-
Old 08-16-2011 at 12:27 AM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Wow, that's so stupid. A triple and a bunk/loft are basically the same thing -_-
Aren't bunk/loft smaller than triples? I mean, why would they make it a bunk and loft if they could make it a triple... So by that logic the fridge could be compensation for a smaller room with the same number of students.
Old 08-16-2011 at 12:43 AM   #12
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

I am going to rent a mini-fridge from that website tmr for my Triple room in Hedden, do you think a 5 inch cubic one is ok or should I get the 3 inch?
Old 08-16-2011 at 12:57 AM   #13
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

its only 1 fridge PER room, so if u are sharing the fridge with roommates get the 5 inch cube

u should contact them BEFORE u order so u guys can split the cost and make sure not everyone orders too cuz mcmaster will not let u have more than one fridge in the room

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine