MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to find out if I failed or my exam marks haven't been updated? (deferred exam) Ray Underwood Academics 1 07-05-2015 07:08 PM
Exam Timetable - Deferred Exam SaugaCity Academics 1 10-16-2014 02:34 PM
NEED HELP ! missed exam aliesk Academics 5 06-19-2014 08:32 PM
deferred/missed mid-term? daniasa Academics 3 03-13-2011 02:23 PM
Deferred exam MISSED! :( Rock007 Academics 1 06-25-2010 11:57 AM

Missed an deferred Exam!!

Old 12-13-2015 at 04:54 PM   #1
lifescistud33

Liked: 0 Times

Missed an deferred Exam!!
Hey guys,

So I had a deferred exam scheduled for Friday but I became very ill and wasn't able to attend. I have a doctors note. Does anyone know what will happen after I go to the associate dean's office? Can I still defer to next semester or get the course cancelled?
Old 12-13-2015 at 05:38 PM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

I'm 100% you don't defer a deferred exam. You can contact the office tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure they won't help you.

You got an F for this course, it's final.
Old 12-13-2015 at 05:43 PM   #3
lifescistud33

Liked: 0 Times

Are you sure I can't get the course cancelled? I've heard of people doing that before?
Old 12-13-2015 at 06:54 PM   #4
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifescistud33 View Post
Are you sure I can't get the course cancelled? I've heard of people doing that before?
I can't answer for sure, since the website gives me a database error.

Is the exam required to pass the course? How much is it of the final mark? Missing the exam will give you 0 for the exam, you might still pass the course if you worked during the year.

lifescistud33 says thanks to GeorgeLucas for this post.
Old 12-14-2015 at 06:44 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Officially, under no circumstances can you defer a deferred exam. It doesn't matter how legitimate your reason may be.

I don't know if there are other unofficial rules that might help you out here.
I think retroactively cancelling a course is extremely rare and only done in very exceptional circumstances.

If the outcome of your situation is anything other than a zero on the exam, please let us know - it might help other people in the future.