MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
MSU General Assembly 2010 emtee10 MacInsiders Announcements 33 03-18-2010 10:17 AM
MSU General Assembly This Thursday temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 3 03-19-2009 10:06 AM
MSU General Assembly lorend MacInsiders Announcements 26 03-17-2009 10:01 AM
SRA General Assembly Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 04-06-2008 10:03 PM

MSU General Assembly - January 29, 2009

Old 01-25-2009 at 12:55 PM   #60
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
Well... then I guess we'll never be reaching quorum then...

Old 01-25-2009 at 12:55 PM   #61
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
Student's money would be paying for that and it would be expensive to buy food for that many people. I'm not sure if there are going to be refreshments or not but I don't think that would be what draws out the crowd.

An SRA Eng said he'd fill the room with engineers with a promiss to change it to the McMaster Beer Union. We'll see how that goes. har har

Old 01-25-2009 at 12:57 PM   #62
fullsmash26
Reporter, Macleans

Liked: 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temara.brown View Post

An SRA Eng said he'd fill the room with engineers with a promiss to change it to the McMaster Beer Union. We'll see how that goes. har har

That motion would be out of order. The name of the McMaster Students Union is entrenched in the letters of patent and the constitution of the MSU. There is a difference process for that change.

Old 01-25-2009 at 12:59 PM   #63
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
It was for the lulz!

Old 01-25-2009 at 03:10 PM   #64
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
Both myself and other users have tried to keep this thread on topic with the G.A. event, yet it continues to veer into discussion about MSU services and the MSU in general. All off-topic posts regarding the MSU have been moved to the MSU Presidentials 2009 thread (started by Joey Coleman) discussing possible ideas for change that students are looking for. If you have constructive ideas, post them there.

With regards to the G.A. event, we have seen President Azim's response (it has been quoted here), and if we hear any updates they will be posted on the MacInsiders homepage as an announcement.

Until then, this thread is now closed.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search