MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Website Renovations Survey - the results! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-05-2010 09:40 AM
MacList Survey lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-02-2010 07:20 PM
McMaster Athletics Survey lorend MacInsiders Announcements 1 04-22-2010 03:59 PM
Your City Survey finklej MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-06-2010 11:00 AM
SHEC Exercise Survey temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-23-2009 04:58 PM

MSU Website Survey

Hi all!

Part of my platform was a promise to "rebirth"the MSU website. Before we go ahead with any upgrades or changes, I am conducting a survey to gather as much student feedback as possible.

If you have about 10 minutes, *please* take the time to fill out this survey on what improvements you'd like to see to the website:
http://bit.ly/aJplBP

If you have any other questions, please email me!

Thanks so much for your time, hope the summer break is treating you kindly.

Yours,

Mary
MSU President
[email protected] r.ca
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 05-18-2010 at 12:48 PM   #2
Abid.Hasan
Faculty: Arts & Science
Year: Third

Liked: 86 Times
yes sir ms. president sir
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 05-18-2010 at 04:04 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member
Year: Other

Liked: 2,314 Times
MSU website?

Kinda interesting, kinda boring. I hate having a whole bunch of websites to worry about... integrate it, link to Macinsiders, and the main McMaster site and things will be better? (or are they all sort of independant organizations?)
Old 05-18-2010 at 05:08 PM   #4
emtee10
Mac Lifer
Program: Medicine
Year: Third
Residence: Les Prince Hall (06-07)

Liked: 49 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
MSU website?

Kinda interesting, kinda boring. I hate having a whole bunch of websites to worry about... integrate it, link to Macinsiders, and the main McMaster site and things will be better? (or are they all sort of independant organizations?)
MacInsiders, McMaster University, and the MSU are all seperate, independent organizations. Unlike faculty societies, for example, the MSU is a fully autonomous corporation (MSU Inc.). MacInsiders started off as an MSU club, but became autonomous a few years ago.

While there are definitely opportunities for cross-integration, it makes the most sense for each to be a seperate website.

Old 05-18-2010 at 07:18 PM   #5
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member
Program: Mechatronics Engineering
Year: Alumni
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 103 Times
Rarely use the MSU website other than opting out of the insurance plan each year. Probably all I'll ever use it for too.
Old 05-18-2010 at 07:39 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Rarely use the MSU website other than opting out of the insurance plan each year. Probably all I'll ever use it for too.

That is still worthwhile feedback for the MSU tho!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-18-2010 at 09:16 PM   #7
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member
Program: Mechatronics Engineering
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 103 Times
Ya maybe they should put it on the front page or something instead of that useless twitter thing that they have lol. I dont care what people are up to every second. Big bold black letters OPT-OUT HERE! I know many people who didn't have a clue there was an option to opt-out or how to go about doing it. I even learned about it here not on the MSU website. I get all the info I need from here, MES's website or my own programs website MMS.

Last edited by Colin : 05-18-2010 at 09:23 PM.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search