MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Off-Campus Meal Plan ? resh.jyoti General Discussion 3 09-17-2010 09:54 AM
Meal Plan vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-07-2010 09:27 PM
Meal plan? RomanT First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 05-25-2010 01:57 PM
meal plan p_vun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 10-07-2009 09:45 PM
meal plan/student card and campus food spots Kailoli First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 33 09-03-2009 09:12 PM

Off campus housing and meal plan

Old 01-23-2009 at 06:16 PM   #1
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

Off campus housing and meal plan
hey
during summer I am planning to take summer school during the 1st 2 months of vacations. How do I get information about off campus housing during summer?
Or is there anyone who wants to rent their place for only 2 months..
also abt the meal plan..would i be able to continue using my meal plan during the summer? Or do I need to finish it all up before the 2nd semester ends?
Thanks
Old 01-23-2009 at 06:34 PM   #2
Kareko

Liked: 8 Times

this is your best friend if your looking for places :
http://macoffcampus.mcmaster .ca/cl...eds/search.php

and no your meal plan won't go over the summer as far as I know
I'd recommend waiting a bit though, you can get really good deals if you're only looking for the summer months
gl finding a good spot
Old 01-24-2009 at 01:37 AM   #3
Iman

Liked: 5 Times

Hey, if you're looking for a place to stay in the summer, my friends and I are actually trying to find some subletters! XD So PM me if you're interested in that, I guess.
Old 01-24-2009 at 11:45 AM   #4
Nicole

Liked: 2 Times

For your meal plan, it is broken down into your flex and your basic account. Depending on what size meal plan you have, depends how much money is in your flex account. Your flex account you can use to buy food at off-campus vendors (such as Pizza Pizza, Pita Pit etc) and this does carry over after April if there is money still left on it. Your basic part of your meal plan is the one that you use on-campus (such as Commons, Student Centre ect) and it does not carry over, so it needs to be used up by the end of April.

In terms of finding a sublet for the summer, it will be very easy to find one since a lot of students have to sign a 12 month least but are not going to be around for the summer months.
Old 01-25-2009
Maktub
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-25-2009
Maktub
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-26-2009 at 01:52 AM   #5
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

thanks
Old 03-02-2009 at 04:08 PM   #6
nishhuss

Liked: 0 Times

Summer sublet
hey Minnie, i actually have a place to sublet for the 4 months of summer tho, itz less than 5 mins walk to campus (on Broadway). Only $375 (all utilities included), nice quiet basement room with laundry just outside your door. You get your own washroom. Its an all girls, non-smoking house with a two door garage. Contact me ASAP if ur interested at [email protected] or Mac ext. 52454