MacInsiders Logo

Organizational Behavior 2BA3 Tips

Old 09-25-2010 at 05:18 PM   #1
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Organizational Behavior 2BA3 Tips
im doing a minor and business and im a little unsure on what to expect from the first midterm. The professor Vishwanth Baba has not said much about it and its next saturday. What is the format like for his midterms, and what should i focus on the text or the notes? I have already read the first 3 chapters and taken notes i have 2 more left and i then plan on going back and memorizing all the minuscule details. I have been told that he likes to test on those details.
Old 09-25-2010 at 08:30 PM   #2
healthsci1
Elite Member

bump
come on commies
Old 09-25-2010 at 08:40 PM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Read the text. A lot if you aren't good at remebering things. I read the whole textbook and finished with an 8 (maybe a 9, I'll have to double check).

His tests are very application focused, despite that what we learn is very theoretical.

Ie: super long ass hypothetical scenario and then being asked what it is. But the answer isn't obvious. There might be two options that both seem really good.

I thought the tests were easy, others didn't. But I'm good at memorizing.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-25-2010 at 08:53 PM   #4
healthsci1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Read the text. A lot if you aren't good at remebering things. I read the whole textbook and finished with an 8 (maybe a 9, I'll have to double check).

His tests are very application focused, despite that what we learn is very theoretical.

Ie: super long ass hypothetical scenario and then being asked what it is. But the answer isn't obvious. There might be two options that both seem really good.

I thought the tests were easy, others didn't. But I'm good at memorizing.
awesome, thanks
Old 09-25-2010 at 11:33 PM   #5
MrSmith

Liked: 4 Times

This class is so boring and the textbook is even more dull. I read the first two chapters and most of it was exactly the textbook since hes using the publishers slides.....im going to memerize the slide and when looking at each slide and its contents im going to connect them to the workforce to sort of prepare for the application type questions.
Old 09-26-2010 at 12:38 AM   #6
Equinox

Liked: 0 Times

is the myOBlab thing useful? Also should I just read the textbook religiously? I cant be arsed to read the lecture slides + read the textbook + do the oblab thing. This class sucks
Old 09-26-2010 at 01:47 AM   #7
slx4

Liked: 4 Times

my oblab is pretty good cuz you really have no other example questions other than that. i skipped all his lectures and made my own chapter summaries along with studying from the books chapters summaries. ended up with a decent mark once you do the first midterm though you'll have a good idea of what the questions are like and you'll do a lot better on the 2nd. i think there was a huge jump in average between the 1st and 2nd midterm last year. He doesnt give out any midterm like questions though because he reuses the midterms. good luck!
Old 09-26-2010 at 01:57 AM   #8
healthsci1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slx4 View Post
my oblab is pretty good cuz you really have no other example questions other than that. i skipped all his lectures and made my own chapter summaries along with studying from the books chapters summaries. ended up with a decent mark once you do the first midterm though you'll have a good idea of what the questions are like and you'll do a lot better on the 2nd. i think there was a huge jump in average between the 1st and 2nd midterm last year. He doesnt give out any midterm like questions though because he reuses the midterms. good luck!
at

that's exactly what im doing, as i read i summarize what i have read, its just extremely time consuming and ends up taking a while. I have managed to read and summarize 2 chapters, i have three left which i should have done by Tuesday, leaving 3 days to do questions and memorize. I think ill be fine as i retain a lot of information through writing.
Old 09-26-2010 at 02:53 AM   #9
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by slx4 View Post
my oblab is pretty good cuz you really have no other example questions other than that.!

I took that course last year.

I remember very little from that course.

But thanks to reading this, I remembered OB lab, which made me dig through old facebook posts for 15 minutes as I remembered this:

Please tell me they improved it this time.
Also I loved how several of the questions would say you're wrong when the textbook says otherwise.

macsci likes this.
Old 09-26-2010 at 10:35 AM   #10
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

LOL, if that's anything like My Anthro Lab last year, they would have the most simple questions 'wrong' when that's clearly the only answer plausible.