MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do I include Mac Entrance Scholarship on my OSAP application? +MORE OSAP questions gabbynelly Financial Aid 2 06-28-2012 02:56 PM
OSAP Application Question Driftking24 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-13-2011 05:56 PM
OSAP application and income report gongshow Financial Aid 6 08-13-2010 09:49 PM
Question on OSAP application SciMania Financial Aid 1 06-30-2010 09:14 PM
OSAP application deadline? Mr.Prodigy Academics 6 06-23-2010 08:43 PM

Osap application question

Old 07-07-2012 at 05:38 PM   #1
sarah2874

Liked: 13 Times

Osap application question
Hi everyone
I have a question regarding OSAP; how long does it take for Mac to process your application and find out how much aid you should get? I submitted my application about a month and a half ago, but when I log onto OSAP and check the status of the app, it says "Your application is being processed. Please check back in mid-June for information about your funding. "
Since mid-June has passed already, I'm wondering if anyone else is still waiting, or if its just me. Does anyone know how much longer it should be? I'm trying to make a mini budget for next year, but its kind of hard to plan when I don't know how much I'll be getting. Thanks in advance for all your help!

PS. When I first submitted my application at the end of May, I forgot to include the "Other Documents" sheet with the other papers. I mailed it in about a week later seperately, could this be why its taking so long or am I just impatient? lol

PPS. Sorry, I posted this already in the financial aid part of macinsiders, but it didn't appear on the updates thing and no one answered me (I'm assuming for the aforementioned reason) so I thought I'd try my luck here. I tried deleting my old post but didn't know how. If anyone does, I'd appreciate you sharing your knowledge
Old 07-07-2012 at 06:26 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

When in doubt just ask. Weird cause I just submitted my OSAP application yesterday and I got a rough estimate already. Call the financial aid office and see if they got your application+docs.
Old 07-07-2012 at 06:40 PM   #3
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

I had my estimate viewable almost immediately after I clicked SUBMIT on the online application...I dont know whats going on in this case
but yeah, defo call and see what going on
Old 07-07-2012 at 07:47 PM   #4
Awesomeness

Liked: 42 Times

i applied may 18 and still havent heard anything...i usually find out mid july though.
Old 07-07-2012 at 07:54 PM   #5
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

Have you checked under the "get estimate" option? My status hasn't been updated yet but I can see a rough estimate of what I should expect to receive in terms of grants and loans this year if I look under that.
Old 07-07-2012 at 08:33 PM   #6
sarah2874

Liked: 13 Times

Thanks everyone I can get an estimate, but I had an estimate last year that wasn't even close to accurate so I didn't want to put too much stock in that. I emailed the osap people at Mac and I'm waiting for a reply but my guess is that, like someone else said, I might have to just wait a little longer until mid-July (they are getting a lot of applications right now after all).
Old 07-07-2012 at 11:17 PM   #7
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

I haven't sent in the form to the financial aid office I just realized...