MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSAP pickup? kuruczpa Financial Aid 1 09-20-2010 05:59 PM
Last day for OSAP pickup KMoney Financial Aid 5 09-14-2010 04:57 PM
Winter OSAP Pickup saukalra MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-28-2009 01:43 PM
OSAP Pickup Question siefer1322 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 49 09-09-2009 02:44 PM
OSAP Pickup hmmmcurious General Discussion 1 09-15-2007 07:28 PM

osap pickup

Old 08-16-2011 at 02:10 PM   #1
raveenaj

Liked: 2 Times

osap pickup
hola everyone

so i just got an email about osap pick up dates..its says we can pick it up earliar if they have recieved r funding certificate..so how do i know that they ahve recieved my certificate and my funding is issued.. ???

thanks
Old 08-16-2011 at 04:54 PM   #2
dreamer21

Liked: 69 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveenaj View Post
hola everyone

so i just got an email about osap pick up dates..its says we can pick it up earliar if they have recieved r funding certificate..so how do i know that they ahve recieved my certificate and my funding is issued.. ???

thanks
Your OSAP account will say so, it will say that your funding has been calculated, go to the "check status" section.
Old 08-16-2011 at 09:51 PM   #3
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times

and whats this osap pass
i got one but i dont know how to use it lol
Old 08-16-2011 at 10:12 PM   #4
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I'm not too sure about the details of their ASAP pass this year. I wanted to fill my app out for one but my family's notice of assessments still weren't in by the deadline for submitting the ASAP form

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-16-2011 at 10:17 PM   #5
luna

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer21 View Post
Your OSAP account will say so, it will say that your funding has been calculated, go to the "check status" section.
my status says that my application has been processed. and my "funding summary" page shows how much funding I have. so does this mean that mac has my osap certificate and I can go pick up my osap?
Old 08-16-2011 at 10:43 PM   #6
dreamer21

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna View Post
my status says that my application has been processed. and my "funding summary" page shows how much funding I have. so does this mean that mac has my osap certificate and I can go pick up my osap?
Yes you should be able to pick it up during the release times. In the funding summary it should also have a release date I believe.

Here are the release dates http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/osap.html
Old 08-16-2011 at 10:58 PM   #7
davied

Liked: 1 Time

so i just checked my osap summary and it said that my funding certificate is released on the 09/08/11 so can i still pick it up on august 24?
Old 08-16-2011 at 11:14 PM   #8
sam_akbari

Liked: 23 Times

when i go on my osap it literally says

"Current Status
Your file has been updated with additional information and your OSAP funding has been recalculated."

Is that a good thing S: ? (it even has my estimate there)
Old 08-16-2011 at 11:46 PM   #9
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_akbari View Post
when i go on my osap it literally says

"Current Status
Your file has been updated with additional information and your OSAP funding has been recalculated."

Is that a good thing S: ? (it even has my estimate there)
Ya, it just means new information was given affecting your OSAP so they just recalculated based on the information. You can go to the early OSAP pick up.

Also, for those first years that think that you will get your OSAP on the dates, you won't. It' just basically processing your paperwork and you will actually receive your soap about a few days to a week after school starts (Sept 8th I believe)
Old 08-17-2011 at 09:29 AM   #10
dreamer21

Quote:
Originally Posted by davied View Post
so i just checked my osap summary and it said that my funding certificate is released on the 09/08/11 so can i still pick it up on august 24?
I think as long as your application has been processed and funding has been calculated, you should be able to go to the early pick up. Maybe email [email protected] to make sure, I didn't pick mine up early last year and don't plan to this year either.
Old 08-17-2011 at 11:25 AM   #11
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer21 View Post
I think as long as your application has been processed and funding has been calculated, you should be able to go to the early pick up. Maybe email [email protected] to make sure, I didn't pick mine up early last year and don't plan to this year either.
As long as your funding has been calculated and you have nothing left to do in your "things to do"(exc. income verification and confirmation of enrolment), then you're fine.
Old 08-17-2011 at 03:10 PM   #12
AM17

Liked: 0 Times

it says you have to bring a void cheque when you go and pick up your osap? does a direct deposit form work too?
Old 08-17-2011 at 03:21 PM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM17 View Post
it says you have to bring a void cheque when you go and pick up your osap? does a direct deposit form work too?
It only applies if the money isn't going to McMaster. If that applies to you then anything with your banking information will do. A cheque, I believe direct deposits also contain that information, you can also get that information from your bank and write it down on a piece of paper.
Old 08-17-2011 at 03:53 PM   #14
phantasyyy

Liked: 1 Time

how do you know if you are able to pick up ur osap on aug 24?
Old 08-17-2011 at 03:54 PM   #15
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantasyyy View Post
how do you know if you are able to pick up ur osap on aug 24?
That's the earliest date, there's a table here: http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/osap.html under the "OSAP release" tab.