MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Past Midterms For Physics 1b03 mk90 Academics 2 03-02-2010 06:33 AM
Psychology 1X03? cddbc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 11-23-2009 09:59 PM
Psychology 1X03 MrSmith Academics 15 06-14-2009 10:39 PM
psychology 1X03? minikit99 Academics 3 06-09-2009 08:19 PM

past psychology 1x03 midterms??

Old 10-24-2010 at 02:43 PM   #1
m0nica
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

past psychology 1x03 midterms??
does anyone know where we can gain access to past psych 1x03 midterms?
any help will be appreciated
Old 10-24-2010 at 02:50 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

The same question was asked last year. And sadly, there are no past midterms that we have access to. Dr. Kim said that the MC questions are hard to come up with in the first place, and making new ones every year wouldn't work. That's why they don't give us the question sheet or anything. I would suggest asking your TA for sample questions and doing the questions in the modules. Some TA's last year posted on the disucssion board a review document with key terms, a few sample questions and such. Also, a good exercise would be to come up with your own MC questions, not sure if that's going on this year. Best of luck with your midterm!
Old 10-24-2010 at 04:14 PM   #3
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times

Try the study-aids, and go over the last questions of the previous quizzes! In the discussion board under "Tim's tips" or whatever, there's a word document where he explains how to answer the MC and why some of the answers to the MC are wrong. (the example questions he uses are some of the last questions from the previous quizzes) Last questions from the quiz = past midterm questions (or midterm level questions)!
Old 10-24-2010 at 04:19 PM   #4
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

There's 1 question from a past midterm in every quiz, there were 2 midterm level Qs in the Language, concepts, and categories tutorial, this weeks tutorial goes over 18 midterm level Qs, and there are the study aids on avenue which are also midterm level Qs. The test is also only 25 Qs and the last question is almost always a freebie, you should be fine
Old 10-24-2010 at 09:54 PM   #5
jackiemac

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
There's 1 question from a past midterm in every quiz, there were 2 midterm level Qs in the Language, concepts, and categories tutorial, this weeks tutorial goes over 18 midterm level Qs, and there are the study aids on avenue which are also midterm level Qs. The test is also only 25 Qs and the last question is almost always a freebie, you should be fine
And yet with all that help, you'll still walk out feeling like your brain is oozing out your ears and all you'll want is a stiff drink and your teddy bear.

giftedchick likes this.
Old 10-24-2010 at 10:55 PM   #6
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiemac View Post
And yet with all that help, you'll still walk out feeling like your brain is oozing out your ears and all you'll want is a stiff drink and your teddy bear.
A tub of vanilla ice cream will do the trick for me
Old 10-24-2010 at 10:58 PM   #7
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiemac View Post
It's probably the second hardest first year science test in first semester (second only to the second Chem midterm). Definitely not a test to take lightly.
Old 10-24-2010 at 11:09 PM   #8
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Lol, I loved that second chem midterm. But yeah, the first psych midterm was the first 'true' University test I had ever had. Every midterm before that was like, cutesy review, easy questions, easy marking, etc.
Old 10-24-2010 at 11:24 PM   #9
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Lol, I loved that second chem midterm. But yeah, the first psych midterm was the first 'true' University test I had ever had. Every midterm before that was like, cutesy review, easy questions, easy marking, etc.
Hm. People tell me this midterm will be hard. But being in engineering, Ive already had some killer ones.

Should start studying for psych...
Old 10-24-2010 at 11:36 PM   #10
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Hm. People tell me this midterm will be hard. But being in engineering, Ive already had some killer ones.

Should start studying for psych...
Once you're used to Uni, basically every first year science course is an easy A. The Psych midterm isn't particularly difficult if you understand the material and can handle university style MC questions. First years usually try to memorize definitions and have no idea how to deal with university style MC questions and end up getting burned on the midterm.
Old 10-25-2010 at 12:14 AM   #11
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

I guess it'll be harder than my anthro midterm /sadface.

lorii likes this.
Old 10-25-2010 at 12:17 AM   #12
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
I guess it'll be harder than my anthro midterm /sadface.
Yes, yes it will.

Desda says thanks to xxsumz for this post.

Desda likes this.
Old 10-25-2010 at 01:53 AM   #13
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
A tub of vanilla ice cream will do the trick for me
Uh dude, green tea ice cream is where it's at. Or red bean ice cream.
Old 10-25-2010 at 09:50 AM   #14
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Lol, I loved that second chem midterm
Love as in it was easy or love as in it was so hard that made you love it
Old 10-25-2010 at 10:18 AM   #15
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
Uh dude, green tea ice cream is where it's at. Or red bean ice cream.
Haha, naw, maybe for you but not for me, its always Vanilla <3 If not that, then either strawberry or cookies n cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
Love as in it was easy or love as in it was so hard that made you love it
I remember a lot of people eating cake/drinking after that midterm...