MacInsiders Logo

Physics 1L03 for Life Sci, 1st year

Old 07-28-2011 at 10:20 PM   #1
KKKKKIRAN_4

Liked: 1 Time

Physics 1L03 for Life Sci, 1st year
Hey, I dunno if there's already a thread on this topic, but I'm taking physics 1L03 because I did not take grade 12 physics. However, I wanna give it my full attention, so I'm thinking of taking it in the summer, since it's not my best science. Is it true though that medical and/or dental schools require physics 1B03 and not just 1L03? I kinda wanna half get both done before first year is officially over, and I'm considering dropping one of my courses so that I can take physics 1L03 during the regular year instead of the summer. Is it an easy course, and would that be advisable? Or should I stick with taking it in the summer?

Old 07-28-2011 at 10:37 PM   #2
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKKKKIRAN_4 View Post
Hey, I dunno if there's already a thread on this topic, but I'm taking physics 1L03 because I did not take grade 12 physics. However, I wanna give it my full attention, so I'm thinking of taking it in the summer, since it's not my best science. Is it true though that medical and/or dental schools require physics 1B03 and not just 1L03? I kinda wanna half get both done before first year is officially over, and I'm considering dropping one of my courses so that I can take physics 1L03 during the regular year instead of the summer. Is it an easy course, and would that be advisable? Or should I stick with taking it in the summer?
1) Search for 1L03 or PHYSICS 1L03 on this site, you'll get a lot more opinions. The search bar is towards the top right side of the site.

2) Most people think 1L03 is easy and some go so far as to say that it's a waste of money. That being said, if PHYSICS isn't your best subject, it might be worth it. Again, search the site because there are tons of threads about this. Also, check out the course reviews.

3) Some med schools (none in Ontario) require a full year of physics with lab. 1L03 has no labs therefore you'd need to take 1B03 and then either 1BA3 or 1BB3.

KKKKKIRAN_4 says thanks to UlteriorMtve for this post.

KKKKKIRAN_4 likes this.
Old 07-29-2011 at 07:18 AM   #3
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

I guess it depends on your comfort level with physics. I took grade 11 physics, and kinda scraped by without doing any real work, and got a low 70's. In grade 12, when I actually tried (need marks for scholarships!), I put a lot of work into the class and managed a 92. By the time physics 1B03 rolled around for me, everything was relatively easy, and I managed an 11 in the course. For me, 1L03 certainly would have been a waste of money.

That said, my roommate also managed a 90+ in grade 12 physics, also took physics 1L03, and then took physics 1B03 and somehow had little to no idea what was going on most of the time >_>

So I suppose that if you are terrified of physics, 1L03 may be worth it. However, let it also be known that some medical schools require a full year of physics with lab components (1L03 does not meet this requirement). Therefore taking physics 1BB3 or 1BA3 would also be necessary.

KKKKKIRAN_4 says thanks to Freak705 for this post.

KKKKKIRAN_4 likes this.
Old 07-29-2011 at 08:51 AM   #4
Buddastotle

Liked: 5 Times

atleast take physics 1L03 this year

KKKKKIRAN_4 says thanks to Buddastotle for this post.

KKKKKIRAN_4 likes this.