Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psych 3BA3 (Positive Psychology) IqzFendi Academics 3 07-14-2011 09:47 AM

Positive Psychology 3BA3?

Old 12-28-2011 at 04:36 PM   #1
oxelhs

Liked: 11 Times

Positive Psychology 3BA3?
I was thinking of taking this course and wasn't able to find any reviews.. how is it? I had Dr. Day this term so I know he's a great prof but how is the mark breakdown? All MC tests? Interesting material? Easy hard?
Old 12-28-2011 at 05:04 PM   #2
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

I've heard this course is amazing and not too hard from various people. One of my friends actually said it "changed her life"..i really want to take it too but can't cause of a conflict with another course. You should definitely go for it!
Old 12-28-2011 at 05:25 PM   #3
myroodle
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

Ahhhhh by far one of the best/interesting courses I've taken at Mac. You really can't go wrong with any of Dr.Day's courses (in my very biased opinion) because he's an amazing prof

(VERY LONG) EDIT: Just to actually answer your questions, his mark breakdown is exactly the same as all of his other courses... two 30% midterms with 40% final - all multiple choice and covers basically everything from his handbook and 8-10 questions from the assigned textbook readings. Difficulty really depends on how much you study... just make sure you do the readings bc he takes specific details from the text and you prob won't be able to guess them bc they will not be covered in lecture. Oh and do ALL of the sample questions he posts.. a lot of them will show up on his tests

Last edited by myroodle : 12-28-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-28-2011 at 05:32 PM   #4
oxelhs

Liked: 11 Times

Yeah I heard its a very interesting course but I just wanna know
If there is a lot to memorize like his personality
And abnormal psych courses? Mark breakdown?

Edit: Ahh okay thank you very much I was thinking of
Taking it instead of psych 2NF3
Old 12-28-2011 at 05:36 PM   #5
myroodle
Account Disabled by User

Here's the course outline in case you haven't already looked through it

http://intropsych.mcmaster.c a/psyc..._2 011-12.pdf

I haven't taken abnormal, but yeah, I def found it to be more interesting & less difficult than personality but that's just my opinion!
Old 12-28-2011 at 05:38 PM   #6
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

I'm still wondering whether or not to take personality. Will practicing from the quiz bank be sufficient for a double-digit grade?
Old 12-28-2011 at 05:45 PM   #7
myroodle
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
I'm still wondering whether or not to take personality. Will practicing from the quiz bank be sufficient for a double-digit grade?
Probably not sufficient or necessary, but definitely helpful. Everything he says in lecture is in his handbook, so you can really just sit in class and listen. Again, make sure you do the textbook readings, he always tests you on details from the text that are not covered in lecture.