MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
New Strike ! L'Étoile Residence & Housing 129 01-14-2011 07:01 PM
Strike? ~*Sara*~ Residence & Housing 95 10-14-2010 10:19 PM
Looks like the strike is over. michelle General Discussion 46 11-11-2009 09:17 AM
how likely is the strike? secretone General Discussion 113 10-31-2009 11:57 AM
Strike manaya General Discussion 158 09-23-2009 05:55 PM

Possible HSR Strike

Old 01-24-2012 at 06:06 PM   #75
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times
So for some reason I dont think my last post got posted, I'll paste it below:

I agree that the Bus Drives do have to put up with a lot of stuff that they shouldn't need to while doing their job. Harassment and rude passengers being one of them. They are driving a 40ft (or 60ft) long bus filled with passengers, who they have to keep safe, which means navigating through busy streets with vehicles and people everywhere, for sometimes 8+ hours each day. They have to do all this while dealing with rude passengers who seem to forget that they are human and can make mistakes.

Anyway, reason for my post

The union met with the city today, and they have provided an update on their website

http://whereisthebus.ca/

The City has also posted a statement here: http://www.hamilton.ca/HotTopics/ATU-Update.htm

and here is the spec article
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/ar...-and-hsr-union

anon491 says thanks to GCSM for this post.

Old 01-24-2012 at 06:16 PM  
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times
MacInsiders Notice
This comment has been flagged as inappropriate or not adhering to our Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 01-24-2012 at 07:01 PM  
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
MacInsiders Notice
This comment has been flagged as inappropriate or not adhering to our Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 01-25-2012 at 07:56 PM   #76
sam_akbari

Liked: 23 Times
Holy Shit. So much for [ We Will Keep You Updated In Regards To The HSR Strike =D ].

This thread has become nothing but a form of spam, troll, and phishing. Thanks a lot to you nutters arguing about whether bus drivers are getting it easy or not.

Bottom line. They ain't happy. We ain't happy. If you THINK they are idiots, don't be an idiot trying to prove it. If you think they are under appreciated, then smile or give them a hug, or a box of chocolates for chrissakes.

All that matters is that terms and contracts (if any exist) are at limbo right now. And if no one smartens up, Hamilton (students, employees, employers, and others out and about) are going to be crippled.

So shut the hell up and tell me something useful! PLEASE!

Last edited by sam_akbari : 01-25-2012 at 10:26 PM.

ingénieur.xo says thanks to sam_akbari for this post.

Old 01-25-2012 at 08:40 PM   #77
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times
Woah. Moderators bringing the hurt!

'Ole!

Old 01-25-2012 at 08:58 PM   #78
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungdaddy View Post
oh no! not a 10 hour shift!!!!!
wow, you actually log in with a different account just to "like" and "thank" your own comments. That's pretty pathetic.

Old 01-25-2012 at 09:20 PM   #79
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno V View Post
Woah. Moderators bringing the hurt!

'Ole!
I posted a reply with an update but when I'm not logged in it says it is being reviewed for breaking the code of conduct, but it was just an update to the negotiations. Can anyone see my posts at all?

Old 01-25-2012 at 09:28 PM   #80
buddafucco
Account Locked

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
wow, you actually log in with a different account just to "like" and "thank" your own comments. That's pretty pathetic.
I'm a real person. Who are you?

Old 01-25-2012 at 09:29 PM   #81
buddafucco
Account Locked

Liked: 0 Times
I'm a custodian on campus. 14 hour shifts are the norm hun.

Old 01-26-2012 at 11:03 PM   #82
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times
McMaster posted a notice:
http://dailynews.mcmaster.ca /story.cfm?id=8637

I love how they make NO mention of off-campus students and what kind of sacrifices they're willing to make for us. All they mention is to consider alternate forms of transportation, which isn't an option for a lot of people (myself included). They just care about car commuters and those who take the GO.
Shame on you, mac.
I know I'll be writing a personal email to Patrick Deane in the case that the strike does happen.

Old 01-27-2012 at 12:44 AM   #83
muons

Liked: 84 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
McMaster posted a notice:
http://dailynews.mcmaster.ca /story.cfm?id=8637

I love how they make NO mention of off-campus students and what kind of sacrifices they're willing to make for us. All they mention is to consider alternate forms of transportation, which isn't an option for a lot of people (myself included). They just care about car commuters and those who take the GO.
Shame on you, mac.
I know I'll be writing a personal email to Patrick Deane in the case that the strike does happen.
I'm pretty sure had the Go striked when it did, no special accommodations would've been made by McMaster. In our case, there was the Go Train and five hours on the HSR, but in your case I really don't know. It seems a bit more worse :/

Old 01-27-2012 at 01:43 AM   #84
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muons View Post
I'm pretty sure had the Go striked when it did, no special accommodations would've been made by McMaster. In our case, there was the Go Train and five hours on the HSR, but in your case I really don't know. It seems a bit more worse :/
For where I live it's a walk of about two and a half hours each way. I have 8:30 and evening classes. I am considering camping in the student centre or dropping courses if Mac does not make accommodations and I can't work out a way to get to school every day without paying 60 bucks.

Old 01-27-2012 at 02:03 AM   #85
MaryS

Liked: 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arathbon View Post
For where I live it's a walk of about two and a half hours each way. I have 8:30 and evening classes. I am considering camping in the student centre or dropping courses if Mac does not make accommodations and I can't work out a way to get to school every day without paying 60 bucks.
That would be brutal.

Old 01-27-2012 at 07:07 AM   #86
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times
Personally, I don't think it's up to McMaster to find alternate modes of transportation for students. At least they're informing students that there may be a strike on Monday. A lot of people probably didn't realize that there was even a possibility of a strike right now.

Old 01-27-2012 at 08:45 AM   #87
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times
Anyone know WHEN they're meeting today and when we'll be told whether this strike is happening after all or not?

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search