MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anyone know what radio station Pulse (gym) is playing? nawedc Athletics & Recreation 7 11-17-2011 12:08 AM
Radio on Blackberry? Chevalier Computers & Tech 4 06-29-2011 05:29 PM
McMaster Radio Station mattatmac Music 12 12-09-2010 12:31 PM
Freedomain Radio NowHere General Discussion 18 12-06-2010 12:25 PM
McMaster Radio - Volunteering? Erika0909 Clubs & Groups 0 09-20-2010 03:47 PM

Problem with my phone's radio.

Old 01-05-2013 at 01:12 AM   #1
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Problem with my phone's radio.
Hey guys, so I've noticed that something went wrong with the built in radio that is in my cellphone. For the past 2 days i have noticed that there's interference between different radio stations. For example, i have 4 saved radio stations:
So for the past few days i have been hearing the same music play between 98.1-105.1...it's really weird i am not even sure how describe it. It's like 1 radio station is taking over the other stations (from 98.1-105.1).
Sometimes the interference is so strong, that i can't hear anything between these stations. I have tried using different antennas (headphones) but that didn't fix the problem. I also tried looking it up online without any luck 0_o

Anyone been in the same situation before? Anyone know how i can fix this? My phone is LG Gossip.
Thank you
Old 01-05-2013 at 08:11 AM   #2
Alomar12

Liked: 42 Times

I would take the phone back to where you purchased it and speak with them. They will be able to do far more for you than anyone on here.

jim1 says thanks to Alomar12 for this post.
Old 01-05-2013 at 10:09 AM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Does this happen everywhere or mostly in one geographical location? Has your phone suffered any damage? Was it a sudden change or did it happen over time? Does manual scanning solve this problem? If its under warranty, just demonstrate what you explained here to a service rep and they should replace if you're with a good provider..

Most likely a component issue for digital setting of tuner if its simultaneously picking up multiple bands. Or maybe a cheap resistor that changes a lot with temperature? :S

why not just upgrade to a smartphone with magic internet radio?

jim1 says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 01-05-2013 at 10:41 AM   #4
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Does this happen everywhere or mostly in one geographical location? Has your phone suffered any damage? Was it a sudden change or did it happen over time? Does manual scanning solve this problem? If its under warranty, just demonstrate what you explained here to a service rep and they should replace if you're with a good provider..

Most likely a component issue for digital setting of tuner if its simultaneously picking up multiple bands. Or maybe a cheap resistor that changes a lot with temperature? :S

why not just upgrade to a smartphone with magic internet radio?
1. I never tried it in a different location, only in my room this break.
2. Nope, no damage.
3. First time happening.
4. Never tried that before.
5. I think my warranty expired, i got it 2 years ago.
6. I am already used to my phone, i never thought about getting any other one But it's a thought to consider if things like this keep happening to my phone. I am mean for now it's just the radio, but if something else happens like a problem with texting or calling, then i will think about getting another phone.

My phone is kindda weird, at like 4 am it started working normally again. I don't get it lol...anyways thanks for all the help guys. If it happens again, i might take it back to Fido even if my warranty is expired, i'll pay for the repair if it's not ridiculously expensive
Old 01-05-2013 at 11:14 AM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
1. I never tried it in a different location, only in my room this break.
2. Nope, no damage.
3. First time happening.
4. Never tried that before.
5. I think my warranty expired, i got it 2 years ago.
6. I am already used to my phone, i never thought about getting any other one But it's a thought to consider if things like this keep happening to my phone. I am mean for now it's just the radio, but if something else happens like a problem with texting or calling, then i will think about getting another phone.

My phone is kindda weird, at like 4 am it started working normally again. I don't get it lol...anyways thanks for all the help guys. If it happens again, i might take it back to Fido even if my warranty is expired, i'll pay for the repair if it's not ridiculously expensive
It probably will be, and the cost to offset the repair is more than enough to get a new nice smartphone on a 3 year contract. :o

jim1 says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.