MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
French 1A06 laurastevens 1st Year Course Reviews 73 06-09-2015 02:33 AM
French 1A06 course outline akikokoyoki Academics 4 09-17-2010 11:03 PM
Marks in French 1A06? Soph08 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 07-05-2010 10:34 PM
Anyone looking to drop French 1A06 nlobo Academics 2 06-14-2010 01:17 PM
French 1a06 shleyaa Academics 12 07-04-2008 06:42 PM

Professor Banks for French 1A06

Old 08-13-2009 at 05:44 PM   #1
MarissaK

Liked: 0 Times

Professor Banks for French 1A06
I was assigned to Prof Banks' first-year French course and was wondering if anyone knows anything about him/her. I can't really seem to find anything on Macinsiders. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2009 at 05:53 PM   #2
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

I had Dr. Banks for French 1K06. In lecture she goes over grammar, etc., and then in tutorials you do quizzes, take up homework, and can get clarification. I hadn't taken French for 4 years when I took 1K06, but I found that she explained everything so that I could understand it.
Old 08-13-2009 at 06:38 PM   #3
MarissaK

Liked: 0 Times

Is she a good teacher? Does she seem to care about her students? I guess I was just wondering more about my french prof than others because I know the classes are really small and more intimate.
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:50 PM   #4
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

I also had her for 1K06. She was able to explain things really well, that I never had to ask her for explanation - that and we had tutorial 3 times a week. She doesn't go fast or anything, but she does do part of the lesson in French. Like, she'll alternate from French to English and back - so the less fluent people were all like "Omgosh she goes too fast" but if you're in 1A06 you should be alright.

Hmm, she more or less posts her notes online and basically copies them onto the blackboard... but she does add other information and examples that DO appear in tests, so people get screwed when they skip lecture hehe.

She's a great prof, you've nothing to worry about. And she does care, she wanted us all to pass so badly that she held so many extra review sessions and all that.