Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PSYCH 1F03 - Summer Class 2016 ekahhface Academics 0 06-22-2016 07:59 PM
psych 1f03 stars Academics 1 05-08-2015 09:36 PM

Psych 1f03

Old 06-29-2016 at 06:19 PM   #1
imaan.walji

Liked: 0 Times

Psych 1f03
can someone give me more info on PSYCH 1F03 - Survey of Psychology (I can't seem to find any)

Just want to know about the course in general, (what it entails, level of difficulty, etc)
Old 06-29-2016 at 07:58 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

If you google it you'll find a few past syllabi.
Old 06-29-2016 at 08:55 PM   #3
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

1F03 is the exact same content as 1X03 but 1F03 is completely online. Also since 1F03 is completely online you would have no tutorials so your exam would be worth around 70% of your final grade compared to 1X03 where it is 60%.

The module topics in my year were:
  • Levels of Analysis
  • Research Methods
  • Classical Conditioning
  • Instrumental Conditioning
  • Problem Solving and Intelligence
  • Language
  • Categories and Concepts
  • Attention
  • Memory
  • Forming Impressions
  • Influence of Others

You can read the course reviews of 1X03 in the course reviews section of this forum as they cover the same material and you write the same quizzes and exam.
Old 07-14-2016 at 01:15 PM   #4
champagnemami

Liked: 0 Times

is this course a hard course?
Old 07-14-2016 at 04:05 PM   #5
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

I found the course really hard but all my friends were saying that it was about medium difficulty. I really struggled with the quizzes and the exam style. All the questions are multiple choice and I found that I was always able to narrow down my options to two options but the two options usually differed by one or two words and i always ended up picking the wrong answer.... Its better to take 1X just because you'll have tutorials where you'll do iClickers and also have a participation mark, which lowers the weighting of your final exam compared to 1F.

I didn't really feel like my TA or the ones that held the review session at the end of the semester to be too helpful as a lot of their explanations were kind of iffy. For example, if a question's answer is C, they tell you why A, B, and D are wrong, but they'll have trouble explaining why C is correct. The only reason they know C is correct is because they looked at the answer beforehand. So it just kind of bothered me that people who didn't really know the material that well were teaching us. It wasn't until last year that they actually started having in-person lectures in addition to the modules and tutorials.